OR Governor Waves Reading/Writing/Math for Coloreds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Governor Waves Reading/Writing/Math for Coloreds

Oregon Governor Drops Reading, Writing and Math Proficiency Standards For High School Graduation, Office Says it will Help People of Color

August 9, 2021 | Sundance | 334 Comments
    This is called ‘the soft bigotry of low expectations‘. Oregon Governor Kate Brown has cancelled the proficiency standards for reading, writing and math from High School graduation requirements.

The governors office says “suspending the reading, writing and math proficiency requirements … will benefit “Oregon’s Black, Latino, Latina, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of color.”

In essence, the students of color are not smart enough to learn reading, writing or math – so they shouldn’t be expected to read, write or understand mathematics.

Kate Brown looks, sounds and acts like a typical left-wing moonbat. It’s hard to imagine a state governor saying the minority students in the state are not smart enough to pass proficiency standards; thereby signaling her extreme racist perspectives- and gaining from her leftist tribe; yet here we are.

OREGON – […] Through a spokesperson, the governor declined again Friday to comment on the law and why she supported suspending the proficiency requirements.

Brown’s decision was not public until recently, because her office did not hold a signing ceremony or issue a press release and the fact that the governor signed the bill was not entered into the legislative database until July 29, a departure from the normal practice of updating the public database the same day a bill is signed.

The Oregonian/OregonLive asked the governor’s office when Brown’s staff notified the Legislature that she had signed the bill. Charles Boyle, the governor’s deputy communications director, said the governor’s staff notified legislative staff the same day the governor signed the bill.
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...r/#more-215128

So another way to read this is that the Progressively Democrat White and openly bi-sexual Oregon Governor doesn't want to burden "Colored People" with burdensome book learning. Does she instead believe that they can be "empowered" through the mastery of manual skills closer to, what she must believe to be, their innate limitations?

I looked up her back ground, just because I was curious about her own intellectual achievements. According to Wikipedia:

She is an academic lightweight. She earned a Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Conservation with a certificate in women's studies from the University of Colorado Boulder in 1981 and a J.D. degree and certificate in environmental law from the Lewis & Clark College Law School in 1985 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Brown

She also appears to have never held an actual job outside of politics!
    A member of the Democratic Party, she served three terms as the state representative from the 13th district of the Oregon House of Representatives from 1991 to 1997, three terms as the state senator from the 21st district of the Oregon Senate from 1997 to 2009, three terms as Majority Leader of the Oregon Senate from 2003 to 2009, as well as two terms as Oregon Secretary of State from 2009 to 2015. She assumed the governorship upon the resignation of John Kitzhaber in 2015.[1] She was elected to serve out the remainder of his gubernatorial term in the special election in 2016 and was reelected to a full term in 2018.

As an openly bisexual woman, Brown has made history several times through her electoral success. In 2008, she became the first openly LGBT person elected secretary of state of a state in the United States. In 2016, she became the first openly LGBT person elected governor of a state in the United States as well as the second woman elected governor of Oregon (after Barbara Roberts).[2][3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Brown

What is truly stunning about her record of achievement is that she is estimated to be worth $200 Million Dollars and she only makes $135K as governor. https://starsgab.com/kate-brown-biography/

Well today is NOT the day I wanna be 86ed outta AssaultWeb. Having said that I surely am DARN GLAD I'm NORTH of the COLUMBIA RIVER nigh on 200 miles as that's our southern border with Oregon. Oregon is CRAZY AS A LOON in PORTLAND.. They've got a Law YOU CAN'T PUMP YOUR OWN GAS. Don't try it if you come out this way as they'll throw a HISSY FIT IF YOU DO.
    Last edited by noname762; August 10, 2021, 19:41. Reason: yeah
    [B]Grumpy Old Fart [/B][IMG]http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/core/images/smilies/graemlins/050.gif[/IMG]

Comment

"Waives", not "waves". Just for information.
      [FONT=Arial]When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." [/FONT]

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

She waives. She is waiving.

Comment

Wow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lasergunner View Post
            She waives. She is waiving.
            Could you use that WORD in a sentence for me please using more than 2 to 3 words please? Apparently my Funny Bone is fractured in several places.
            [B]Grumpy Old Fart [/B][IMG]http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/core/images/smilies/graemlins/050.gif[/IMG]

Comment

waive

(wāv)
              tr.v. waived, waiv·ing, waives
              1. To give up (a claim or right, for example) voluntarily; relinquish. See Synonyms at relinquish.
              2. To refrain from insisting on or enforcing (a rule, penalty, or requirement, for example); dispense with: "The original ban on private trading had long since been waived" (William L. Schurz).
              3. To refrain from engaging in, sometimes temporarily; cancel or postpone: Let's waive our discussion of that problem.
              4. Sports To place (a player) on waivers.

The Governor waived the requirement to meet standards in order to graduate.

flashguy

[FONT=Arial]When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." [/FONT]

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

Thanks flashguy .. I think.

I don't trust ANY politician who's NEVER had a real job in the PRIVATE SECTOR.
                By the time I was 15 I'd worked in my grade school cafeteria for $1.25 a day plus a hot meal and a donut shop after school. Helped my Dad at his part time job picking up trash and litter on weekends and painting 2 rental houses during the summers. I had my own SS# too at 15. I always managed to irritate my folks enuf during the week to end up cutting our grass for the week. Dad figured my attitude would go away cutting our lawn. Truth is it ALWAYS did the opposite. I had to buy a JD tractor to cut my grass. in 2010. JD sure don't build 'em like they usedta. JD uses WAY TOO MUCH plastic on their lawn machines.

That loony tunes gov is a whacko.

Comment

I believe that Maryland and Virginia are also doing this. Both are leftist-progressive states. Saw something in the news a few months ago about this. Virginia is supposed to drop history, math and some language skills from the college curricula because it is "difficult for people of color". Maryland was talking about no longer requiring SATs for "people of color" to get into their colleges.

Comment

Originally posted by HD88 View Post
                    I believe that Maryland and Virginia are also doing this. Both are leftist-progressive states. Saw something in the news a few months ago about this. Virginia is supposed to drop history, math and some language skills from the college curricula because it is "difficult for people of color". Maryland was talking about no longer requiring SATs for "people of color" to get into their colleges.
                    So, essentially they're stating openly that they concur with the Ku Klux Klan and other racist/separatist/supremacist/chauvinist groups and organizations that:
                    1) Black people are inferior to white people
                    2) White people are intellectually and conceptually more advanced than black people
                    3) It's the White Man's Burden to handle any tasks involving literacy, mathematical calculation and summation, engineering involving the same mathematical measurements, calculation and geometric consideration
                    4) That black people are here solely to be Sacred Tokens, enabling Woketard White Progressives to feel better about themselves...and on occasion,be entertained by the 21st Century version of Steppinfetchit and The Ministrel Shows...
                    Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

Soon all of the progressive states will fall into line with this "woke" policy. There is a lot of talk about this. Part of the new-wave societal transition. Sad to say. This will result in a nation of functional (barely) illiterates. But that is the wish of the elite who want control.

Comment

Working...
                      X