Your Beer review for 6-29-20,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Beer review for 6-29-20,

It's not even much of a challenge to get Beer anymore around here. Now that Montgomery County went wet, it's only 27 miles to beer, as opposed to the 42 it used to be. When I go out to get out of the house, it's a short hop, rather than an expedition. It works much better for me, at any rate. I don't have to go drive for an hour and a half to get beer. Whoot!

And I told you that story so I could tell you this one:

I drifted up there apropos of I don't know what, other than I was out driving around, and figured it'd be a good destination, being fairly low on beer. So I went, and I got. As I most always do, I got something I've never tried before. G13 IPA 420 Infusion.

After having tried it, (Yeah, I had one on the way home. Sue me.) I got to say that I won't waste money on it again. I have trouble seeing it as an IPA, in the first place. It's a somewhat Hoppy beer, with a mild Hops. I don't know what the Hemp extract they infused it with was, but it smells more like Alfalfa that anything else to me, and I've baled some Alfalfa, so I do know what it smells like. The taste starts off as grassy, and goes to light Hops. I'll get outside of the 6-pack I bought, but it'll take me a week or better. As noted, it isn't "nasty" but neither is it tasty.

Don't waste your money.

God Bless the USA and the avoidance of the Chi-Com Bat Soup Flu, but I hate it when I go looking for a good Beer and get stuck with some Hipster crap. The place I went usually has a good selection, but their shelves were half empty. I should have gone with my first instinct, and gotten a German import or Sierra Nevada. They are always good.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Bring one to the meeting Friday.....I'll give it a try!

Comment

Working...
    X