Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prediction: After the Statues....they will be coming for the Libraries

Burning-books-640x480.jpg

They are already banning (if not burning) certain books.

flashguy
    [FONT=Arial]When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." [/FONT]

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

in the city libraries they have already scrapped the reference materials to make more room for dvd's and video games

Comment

Originally posted by windfarmer View Post
        in the city libraries they have already scrapped the reference materials to make more room for dvd's and video games
        Some of that I question, but some of it I can understand. Who is going to use a 30 pound Dictionary when you have the Internet? Same issue as with the whole Card Catalog thing. If you have the Library Catalog on a 'puter, why would you need 40 feet of Card Catalogs? (Note that my wife acquired us a very nice 48 drawer Walnut card catalog when the local Library converted to digital. I'm not sure what to use it for, but it's way too pretty to junk.)

FWIW, I also have one of the 30 pound dictionaries. If the Intertubes go to crap, I am prepared to be able to look up the correct spelling of various euphemisms for "dead Looters" so I don't keep repeating myself because I won't use words I'm not sure of the spelling of.

Heh.
        Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Big Tech scrubs the internet and can present an alternative view of history. Books stand outside the control of the tech giants and the mobs. They can't be torn down. For the Left to successfully present their alternative history books must be silenced or the proletariat must be made illiterate. They can't dumb down our schools fast enough.

Anyone who can read and apply a modicum of reason can quickly discover that the Left is lying to them. The books are witnesses to greater truths. If Democrats need to tear down statues in order to hide their crimes then they must also silence all the witnesses who's printed word declares truths unto all the ages.

Comment

My theory for many years about todays schools is that they are porously NOT teaching cursive writing so that no one can read history.
            If you have never been exposed to cursive writing you won't recognize the letters.
            If you have never been exposed to the writen form in any way then you can never read letters from old soldiers, land deeds, The Constitution...
            Have you seen todays kids (those under 30)? No one can SIGN their names, its all block written.

My nephew, at 20yrs old,once told me that I had "fancy writing". This is not a stupid kid either, he was all A's in high school. My everyday hand writing, like all of you reading this, is a mix of block and cursive writing.

BISHOP
            The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

Originally posted by BISHOP View Post
              My theory for many years about todays schools is that they are porously NOT teaching cursive writing so that no one can read history.

BISHOP
              Did you mean "purposely"? (Spellcheck strikes again?)

flashguy

[FONT=Arial]When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." [/FONT]

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

I switched strictly to printing for School assignments back in about my Sophomore year in High School, which was if not Antediluvian was at least within living memory of the Deluge, for a lot of folks.

I discovered that I could put about 750 words on a page in small print, and the teachers couldn't read it most days because it was too small. (I had one who would use a magnifying glass, but he never found a lot to gripe about, other than my choice of handmade font sizes.) It was easier for me to write small than large, because there was less area to screw up in. My small print was seriously precise.

I had a lot of fun with that. Cursive, OTOH? I was taught to write it, but if I had to do it now, I'd fail miserably. I learned to type in 6th grade, and never looked back.

I can, however, still read Cursive just fine, thank you. It's not Greek.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

THEY are going after the museums now
                  so
                  I guess they want to remove the history of mankind since pretty much EVERY major event in history was perpetrated by us white devils.
                  AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.
                  God carries a 1911.
                  Just another day towards 20...

Comment

Working...
                  X