Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would I buy Beef?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why would I buy Beef?

    Blew through the Grocery this morning to get some things the Wife requested. In the process of grazing through, I found they had Bacon on special. 1.5 pound flitch, Applewood Smoked, $5.50 per package. Hamburger is going for $4.99 and up per pound.

    So, I can eat Bacon cheaper than Hamburger? I'm all in on that. I got three packages of the Bacon, and will probably go back tomorrow and get at least three more. If Bacon is cheaper than Hamburger, I'm going to be living on Bacon.
    Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

  • #2
    cookAsteak2.jpg

    Because bacon doesn't and never will taste this good.

    Comment


    • #3
      Give me the top one, wrapped in Bacon.

      I am not in any opposed to Beef, but when Bacon is cheaper by the pound than Hamburger? Your call, but I'll pass on the Hamburger for a while. Note that I didn't say I wouldn't buy Beef once in a while. I just figure to lay way back on it until it gets back to reasonable.

      Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice picture definition of steak wellness. I'd go for the last 2, whichever is possible.

        flashguy
        [FONT=Arial]When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." [/FONT]

        Texan by choice, not accident of birth

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by flashguy View Post
          Nice picture definition of steak wellness. I'd go for the last 2, whichever is possible.

          flashguy
          The top one is mildly overcooked, IMO. I like my steaks seared, and blood rare. Cold center. You could probably cook mine with a blowtorch. Put a char on the outside, and leave the middle just like the beef cattle had it.

          Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jefferson101 View Post

            The top one is mildly overcooked, IMO. I like my steaks seared, and blood rare. Cold center. You could probably cook mine with a blowtorch. Put a char on the outside, and leave the middle just like the beef cattle had it.

            You sound like my old Line backer Coach, Dick Butkis. He liked his stakes with a 50/50 chance of being saved by a good vet. Normally he just told the waitress, "Pull its horns, wipe its a__, and walk it bythe fire!".

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hawk45 View Post

              You sound like my old Line backer Coach, Dick Butkis. He liked his stakes with a 50/50 chance of being saved by a good vet. Normally he just told the waitress, "Pull its horns, wipe its a__, and walk it bythe fire!".
              I thought that is how you are supposed to eat a steak.
              "SI *VIS *PACEM, *PARA *BELLUM"
              [URL]http://survivalblog.com[/URL]
              MOLON LABE!
              AC0XV

              Comment


              • #8
                As for eating beef, a friend stopped by last night who is a shadow of his former self. He's lost 85lbs. by eating only the meat of ruminants. Personally, I like a well roasted chicken once in a while and pork is good too.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Papadoc View Post

                  I thought that is how you are supposed to eat a steak.
                  For you, maybe. My taste is different. Vive la différence!

                  flashguy

                  [FONT=Arial]When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." [/FONT]

                  Texan by choice, not accident of birth

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bonjour,
                    Can't we add beef into dog's meal?
                    Is beef good for them?
                    Best Dog Beds
                    Last edited by webrown33; June 5th, 2020, 05:05.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X