Do not open any links or updates that show up when visiting AW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not open any links or updates that show up when visiting AW

It would appear that the site has been hit by a virus and those links are virus laden spyware.
    VERITAS VINCIT
    A CRUCE SALUS

Nice.. REAL nice.
    Grumpy Old Fart http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/cor...emlins/050.gif

Comment

Yea........that came up for me!!! I backed out of everything in my browser, and then started all over. It did not show up again..............but still am curious...?????

I will leave again, JUST in case!!!

But in the mean time, enjoy this! A job every Man wants to have................
      And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Are you sure it's not your computer? I've not seen anything, and usually, when I've had that kind of problem, it's been on my end.
          Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Mine appears clean and I had a friend confirm it earlier. It just poped up when you first opened the site not on other pages.
            VERITAS VINCIT
            A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

What browser are you running?

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

The previous was posted from MS Edge. This one's from Brave. Still Nothing.

Comment

We were both using firefox.It came up with a update firefox page that tried to install malware.
                  VERITAS VINCIT
                  A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

And Chrome. Still nothing.

I'm surprised that Firefox would have a problem that Brave would not. (Or maybe not, but that's a whole 'nother thread.)

I"m not questioning that there is an issue somewhere, but it may not be in the Site itself, based on my messing with various browsers. I ain't going to download Firefox this evening to find out if that's the issue or not. The Dog, (Yes. She's not "a" dog, she is "The Dog"), wants to go play ball. I'm out'a here for a half hour or so.

Comment

On Chrome here, not by choice I might add. I have FF at home, so might have been a different story there.

RR
                      Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Reasonable Rascal View Post
                        On Chrome here, not by choice I might add. I have FF at home, so might have been a different story there.

RR
                        Run Brave, not Firefox. Just saying......

Comment

The first time I open the site........I am asked to "upgrade" my Chrome browser. I back out and then go back in, and then everything is fine and dandy after that??

Lord.....I hope so!!!! But at least that "popup" does not appear................

Comment

Originally posted by strmrdr View Post
                            We were both using firefox.It came up with a update firefox page that tried to install malware.
                            It just did that to me, too.

Comment

I'm seeing the same pop-ups right now. I'm using Chrome and my anti spy ware is Norton.

It's the same as before.

When I go in to details, it reads:

IPS Alert Name Web Attack: Fake Tech Support Domains 2
                              Attacking Computer 81.4.122.101,443
                              Source Address 81.4.122.101
                              Traffic Description TCP, https

I looked up the IP address. I get the following:

Welcome to Geo IP Lookup, a simple yet comprehensive database of all IP addresses in the world. We started this website as an online tool anyone can use to get accurate IP address information. With us, you can find your IP address as well as input IP addresses to find details about them. Our authentic and accurate results make us the ideal website for IP information. IP General Information

IP Address:
                              Hostname:
                              ISP:
                              RouteLabel V.O.F. IP Geolocation Information

Continent:
                              Europe (EU)
                              Netherlands (NL)
                              City:
                              Alblasserdam
                              Time Zone:
                              Europe/Amsterdam
                              Latitude: