Norton anti-spyware keeps flashing Tech Support SCAM BLOCKED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton anti-spyware keeps flashing Tech Support SCAM BLOCKED

Have we been compromised or is someone just trying to scare us away?

The server has been infected with a virus.
    VERITAS VINCIT
    A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

I'll get in touch with Nogura. Personally I find all the attention we have been receiving since the 'breakup' interesting.

RR
      Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Where are people seeing this? I am not getting anything unusual with either Chrome or IE.

Comment

I found a few suspicious files that I removed from the server. Let me know if that has changed anything.

Comment

I admit that I did not see anything but that might be a 'thing' on my end here with the machine I am using. Suffice to say older folks do not maintain their computers well and eventually you need competent tech support to undo all the fat fingering damage. I'm pretty sure Windows was not making arbitrary decisions on where to file things as was claimed.

On the other hand is anyone wants Win 95 or 98 I believe I can help you. How about an early 90's Apple, or a Gateway? Quick Books 2000?

RR
            Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

I'm not having any problems. Even though I'm "older folks", I do keep my AV up to date. I've had that show up here on occasion, although not lately.

I've gotten the same sort of chit at work a few times here lately, even though we don't use Norton AV there. When I see it on my 'puter, wherever I'm at, I close the window and go on. I don't use Norton here, either. When an AV software I don't use pops up and tells me something is amiss, I know I've got a problem beyond what it is trying to spoof me into.

Never click in any pop-up, and you can't go far wrong.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

I just logged in with Firefox and no pop ups, my popup blocker hasn't even reported anything. Hopefully Nogura caught the culprit.
                I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
                Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I've not seen anything. I'm using Firefox browser on W7Pro and Trend Micro AV.

flashguy
                  When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

Working...
                  X