I'm back from Africa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back from Africa

In case anyone has noticed (or cared) that my presence here has been limited lately, it's because I was touring in Kenya, East Africa for 2 weeks and had limited access to the forum. I'm back home now (good to be back). I took lots of pictures.

flashguy

When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Did you have to wear one of those stylish blue helmets?

Comment

wb we missed you.
      VERITAS VINCIT
      A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

Yeah, we did notice you were somewhat out of pocket, or at least I did.

OTOH, Africa? You are braver than I am, Sir. I would not go there on a bet.

Having noted that one, I want to see the pictures.
        Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Any muzzle flashes?

RR
          Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

No muzzle flashes. Pretty much no TV. Lots of "Game Drives", though. Took lots of pictures, but I have to process them before I'll post any--that will take a while. Sorry.

flashguy
            When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Comment

Hope you good health. Many creepies in Africa in food and water now.
              Two buds came back a few years ago. got sick and passed not too long afterward. they wanted to experience the local culture. yep it killed them.. What a EXPERIENCE THAT WAS. 270bf707e6ac1fb05c217e29f49ba803.jpg
              NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR VISION!

Comment

Unless you are at the shooting range, or the movies, I think that "No muzzle flashes" is a good thing. But we are eagerly awaiting the critter pictures.
                Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Did you get them all straightened out?
                  Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
                  Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Comment

Congrats on a sucessful trip - looking forward to pictures.
                    Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. - KJV 2 Cor 3:17

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLK

Molon Labe

Hate is no substitute for love, nor passion truth.

Comment

It's taking longer to re-acclimate here at home, it seems. I fell asleep in my lounge chair this afternoon and missed going to my bell choir rehearsal this evening! I am very unhappy that happened--I need to be there.

I have copied my photos into Lightroom and begun going through them. There are about 1600 of them and it will take time.

flashguy

Comment

Were you able to visit the national shrine of infinite stupidity i.e. the birthplace of the Kenyan Kid?
                        Grumpy Old Fart http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/cor...emlins/050.gif

Comment

Originally posted by noname762 View Post
                          Were you able to visit the national shrine of infinite stupidity i.e. the birthplace of the Kenyan Kid?
                          I assume you are referring to Obama. No, I didn't, and wasn't even looking to do so. I did spend a few hours in Nairobi, the capital city, though.

flashguy

Comment

Of course I was referring to Obozo... I mean Obama. What other semi famous buffoon has America heard of from the other side of the world?

Good to hear you made it back home to America.
                            Grumpy Old Fart http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/cor...emlins/050.gif

Comment

Working...
                            X