So? Who should you believe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So? Who should you believe?

For the record, up front: Chi-Com Bat Soup Flu is more serious than the normal Seasonal Influenza. We need to be careful, stay home as much as we can, wash our hands if we've been out, and so on and so forth. All good things to pay attention to. OK. We got that out of the way. Now, let us discuss how much more serious it is, and how paranoid we need to be about it.

There are as many opinions out there as there are Azzholes, and most of the opinions, like most of the Azzholes, smell really bad. We have the "Orange Man Bad" media on one side, lighting their hair on fire and running around screaming because the President who didn't get a Majority of the Popular Vote is doing whatever he's doing this week. I discount them accordingly.

Beyond that, we have the Bloggers and suchlike, (Yeah, Zero Hedge, I'm talking to you. You got a problem with that?) who are lighting their hair on fire and screaming "We're all gonn'a Die" because Government is bad and the Russians and Chinese are paying them to do that stuff. So they are credible? In your dreams, maybe.

So, we've eliminated a lot of folks who don't know anything more about Epidemiology than they do about applied Nuclear Physics. OK, so now we get back to the .Gov and it's pronouncements.

I don't believe State Governors. They don't know crap from Shinola.

So we should believe the FDA, who would have a test for the effective medications organized by about next February, left to themselves? Or the CDC, who think that their job is to protect us from a lack of Vehicle airbags, firearms, and Vaping?

They are all FOS, and I don't trust any of them any further than I can throw the Washington Monument into the wind. They all lie.

Therein lies the problem, for me. I don't believe anyone who is ranting and raving about it, and very few of the folks who are even trying to be rational, because even the rational ones are spinning one way or the other.

We don't need a massive epidemic, but we don't need to kill the whole Economy to avoid one, either. You got to make some trade-off somewhere. The whole question becomes "where"?

But free Money is good. Or at least, so says the Congress. I'd wonder how all these fools get elected, and then I recall that nobody who isn't a fool would want the job in the current environment.

So it goes...

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

firefighter-putting-out-fire.png
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Yeah, that's me. I'm wavering between keeping the beard or not. Mask fit and all that.

There is a lot of hair-afire going around these days, as there has been since January already. Myself, I am trying my darnedest to stay steady on, which isn't easy considering that Fox News is running in my house pretty much all day. Still, it beats (The Last) Days of Our Lives, or As the World Burns.

I do not expect the world to end. But should my Lovely Bride catch this my world may very well end, which should not be incumbent of others to commit seppuku over but I appreciate the sharing.

Some of us here are prepped. Others maybe not so much. In this particular situation your ability to live off the land like an Indian (feather, not dot) isn't going to do you any good unless you can pull it off in the southwestern desert areas, where most sane people would be more than happy leave you wandering alone like a Happy Apache.

I am continuing with my inventorying here and gathering what I need for the next phase, which I believe will be increased spread. I do NOT mean that to be interpreted as the "we are all going to catch it" school of thought because even the common cold isn't that widely spread. By the same token I do not believe we are close to peaking yet. I have a legitimate role to play when the time comes and I am not going to put myself on some registry and wait for a faceless non-clinical bureaucrat to assign me somewhere. I have my own PPE and I can travel, but I will decide where, when and for whom.

Are we going to have to resort to mass graves? Umm, no. We have had an estimated 23 - 59,000 flu deaths in the US since Oct. 1. No mass graves opened much less filled.

The much vaunted "Q" has only addressed the Woo Flu once, on the 23rd of March. Nothing before that, amazingly enough from someone who sits at TRrump's right elbow. Only one big thread touting conspiracy. Q'ute is behind the times. The paper referenced dates from about 12+ years ago and is merely scientific speculation of the rational variety. Spin it how you wish there isn't any hidden threats or agenda in it. I'm also surprised the great Que-ball was so slow in finding that article as well - I read that last month already. Gosh, it is so hard to weave conspiracies when real life won't cooperate and upsets your agenda instead. I am cautiously predicting Q contracts the flu.

I am hoping against hope that Trump directs the CDC - once this is under control - to trash all their social,engineering efforts and concentrate on DISEASE control and prevention as it was traditionally defined, and not as the soy boys and twirl girls want to define it.

RR

2000-03-19C-644x300.gif
      Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

To start with, Mainland China has been lying and covering up from the start so I would tend discount any "Chinese" data. The Chi'Comms also appear to have unduly influenced the WHO and the UN to the degree that press releases and authoritative observations by those organizations appear to mirror Chinese Communist Propoganda.

At this point, I don't think it matters whether or not the Wuhan Virus emerged from a Chinese weapons lab or a Chinese wet market. Despite China's official denials, it started there. In another thread, I reposted a story about Asian persons unknown who appeared to be deliberately spreading the virus. One reasonable question should be are the Communist Chinese trying to put out a fire or are they taking the role of arsonists? There is also the publicized Chinese Propoganda campaign that was funded and orchestrated by Red China in Italy. It involved Chinese nationals wearing placards stating that they, Asians/Chinese were not a virus. Italians were encouraged to embrace these individuals.

Separately, if persons unknown are deliberately acting to spread and increase exposure to the Wuhan Virus then that is going to throw off sampling data that is compiled to produce statistical information. This makes it extraordinarily difficult to track and contain the progress of the disease.

Opportunism seems to be the greatest danger posed by this pandemic, unless your elderly with some underlying condition. The Left wants to use this crisis to remake America and redefine it more to their liking. The RINO's anti-Trumpers saw this as another chance to bring down Trump. The Red Chinese want to erase the new Trade Deals that Trump leveraged against them and they want to get back to their idea of business as usual.

Comment

Trump needs to shut the f-up and stop the panic barnyard trots of the mouth he has and step the f-up and lead.
          The bureaucrats need to be tared and feathered for f-ing this up.
          The media that turned this political needs to be introduced to a tree and a rope.
          The relief bills are a joke, free money for the banks and corporations just like in 08 and peanuts for the people paying for it.
          I have been ignoring the talking heads and Trump and getting information when I can from the front lines.
          It not as bad as it could have been, the virus is not super catchy and isn't that deadly but is catchy and deadly enough to take it seriously.
          Things are going to be shut down a lot longer than Trump will admit.

VERITAS VINCIT
          A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

Originally posted by strmrdr View Post
            Trump needs to shut the f-up and stop the panic barnyard trots of the mouth he has and step the f-up and lead.
            The bureaucrats need to be tared and feathered for f-ing this up.
            The media that turned this political needs to be introduced to a tree and a rope.
            The relief bills are a joke, free money for the banks and corporations just like in 08 and peanuts for the people paying for it.
            I have been ignoring the talking heads and Trump and getting information when I can from the front lines.
            It not as bad as it could have been, the virus is not super catchy and isn't that deadly but is catchy and deadly enough to take it seriously.
            Things are going to be shut down a lot longer than Trump will admit.
            I don't notably differ with you up to here:

"I have been ignoring the talking heads and Trump and getting information when I can from the front lines."

I've had enough experience with anecdotal evidence from the "front lines" to have a major hard time believing most of it any more than I do anything else. They play "Telephone", and the information that comes out is not the same as that which went in.

Just one example. Hurricane Katrina, New 'Awleans. I worked with a guy who was an O-3 at that time in the ANG. MOS 11A, if that matters. He got activated and sent down there, and came back telling us that they had hauled several hundred bodies out of the Superdome. He hadn't seen it, but talked to someone who talked to someone who did see it.

Hotay..... You tell me what you personally saw on the "front lines", I might believe you. You tell me what you were told by someone else who talked to someone who was there? Yeah, that's Gospel. Or maybe not. And how much of the "Front Line" can you see from your Trench?

You can't believe anyone any more, IMO.

Just saying....
            Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by jefferson101 View Post

You can't believe anyone any more, IMO.

Just saying....
              yea that's true.
              The "front line sources" is getting way more agenda driven than truth driven as time goes on.
              VERITAS VINCIT
              A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

Excluding China (because they lie about everything) - follow the number of deaths - if they flatten as they have in many countries that indicates that the pandemic there has reached its peak - they can say it's flattening because of distancing - but that should take 2 to 4 weeks to show up and it is showing up now. So that is an indicator that to me that the virus is much more widespread than was thought and that there are much more, maybe 10 times more, the number of asymptomatic cases of the virus. The only way to directlly tell is to perfect and deploy testing that can test for anti-bodies to the virus which would then show how many people have already had it in addition to those currently infected.

In the US the number of cases will continue to rise mostly because we have now developed and are deploying better and more testing. But as I said keep your eye on the number of deaths not the number of infected. Deaths will tell the tale. As more testing is done in the US the number of infected will rise and the number of deaths will flatten and the death rates related to the virus will drop.

The fear mongering British model that the press ran with to cause panic - that there would/could be 500,000 British deaths from the virus and 2.2 million American deaths has now been walked back by the authors who are trying to save face. They are now saying maybe 20,000 British deaths. That would translate to 88,000 American deaths. Reuters is now carrrying a story saying 80 thousand to 160 thousand American deaths from the virus with the pandemic being over in America by June or July and a gradual return to normal work in that time.

So far the models have been crap (anybody want to buy some global warming). Time and hard evidence will tell - that can only come from numbers of deaths and from random testing of the general population.

There could be milder outbreaks down the road until a vaccine in developed - but herd immunity will start to set in and limit the severity of the outbreaks, The press has pushed levels of panic about this virus beyond anything I have ever seen. I'm am not saying to not take it serious - it is serious - but the panic has been off the charts. I work in mental health and am one of three employees deemed essential so I get to go to the hospital ER's to see patients. As I am over 60 and have heart and respiratory issues I am I high risk, so I take it seriously, but I'm not running around in a blind panic.
                Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. - KJV 2 Cor 3:17

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLK

Molon Labe

Hate is no substitute for love, nor passion truth.

Comment

Working...
                X