Closing In (I Hope)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing In (I Hope)

I just got off the phone with the publisher for Expedition Home: Journey to safety From Pandemic Influenza.

Nice lady, Harvard educated, so why she is sitting in the backwoods of northern Minnesota I do not know but glad she finally called me back. She is also seeking Dr. Hofstrand but is unsure if he is even alive yet, a sentiment I reluctantly share. She agrees with me that this book needs to be re-issued. I did make my suggestion of a free .pdf download, which she is reluctant to do given that we may not be able to secure permission from the author (or his estate, as it may be), but may go ahead and reprint anyhow if he can't be reached, given the gravity of the situation.

She says she has a few copies in the warehouse, will check. Otherwise I should expect to hear back from her by the end of the week.

It has been 2 months as of today that I have been looking for Dr. Hofstrand in earnest. My emails are not responded to, his web site is down,and I can find no mention of him anywhere for a couple of years now at least. Given the current world situation this is monumental. It took a bit of sleuthing to even find the publisher because their web site is down as well: though they are still in business she did mention that business is slow. Should she agree to reprint this would mean a rapid production I should imagine.

Send up a prayer if you are of a mind to. Had we been able to secure reprint permission 2 months ago we might have been able to save a few lives already. And today is literally 2 months since I began hunting in earnest for the author. I first began in casual manner a couple of years ago.

RR
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Good luck on your searches. You 2 or 3 will save lives.

BISHOP
    The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

Amazon has it, $41.94 + tax with free shipping. URL = https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...condition=used
      "SI *VIS *PACEM, *PARA *BELLUM"
      http://survivalblog.com
      MOLON LABE!
      AC0XV

Comment

Yes, saw that PD. List is $14.95. In late January already they were listed for up to $900 used. Seriously. $100-400 was typical from the used bookstores.

My search continues. I found the obit for his ex-wife, and see he was listed as surviving her as of Oct. last. Hope remains.

RR
        Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Working...
        X