The Pope believes that Nature is using Wuhan Virus to punish Humankind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pope believes that Nature is using Wuhan Virus to punish Humankind

Pope Francis told a Spanish journalist on Sunday that he believes that the coronavirus pandemic is nature “having a fit” in response to environmental pollution.

Stating that “curiously the planet hasn’t been very clean for a long time,” the interviewer asked, “Is it possible that this is nature’s hour of reckoning with us?”

Pope Francis answered: “There’s a saying that you surely know: God always forgives, we forgive sometimes, [but] nature never forgives.”

“Fires, earthquakes . . . that is, nature is having a fit, so that we will take care of nature.”

The expression “having a fit” is a translation of the Spanish word used by Francis, “patalear,” which means to kick or stomp one’s feet, and is often used to refer to outbursts of rage or frustration, sometimes by children having a tantrum.

Pope Francis’ comments were made during an internet video interview with the Spanish journalist and comedian Jordi Évole on the coronavirus pandemic, in which Pope Francis made scant references to God, except to admit that he has sometimes doubted the existence of God in the past. (However, the video is edited, and parts may have been removed.)
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../3827872/posts

As a Catholic, I'm stunned. These statements appear to reveal that Pope Francis entertains an acceptance to pagan beliefs. He's already shown that he is Progressive but this is beyond that. He appears to be professing a Gaian worldview that recognizes the Earth/ Nature/ the Bio-sphere as an intelligence with the attributes of awareness, self will and knowledge. For all intensive purposes Gaia would be an immortal being as compared to humanity.

The Catholic Church had been on a fairly good to really good run with popes since at least John XXIII. I reserve any opinion positive or negative of Pius XIII for obvious reasons if you read your history.

Note I say "had been" there. Francis doesn't impress me more than some of the Borgias do. OTOH, the Catholic Church survived them, and it will survive Francis.

Kinda' like the NRA, which I support, even though I'd love to see Wayne LaPierre die in a crotch fire, and the sooner the better. However, I do have a dog in the fight with the NRA. Not being Catholic, I don't have one in any fight about Popes. Not my Denomination, not my problem, mostly. Out of a sense of ecumenical charity, I don't think it's appropriate to point and laugh. Most Catholics I know are as disturbed by him as they can be, but it doesn't help to beat up on them over it. This too shall pass.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Despite claims to the contrary by many out there (not saying from yone here, that fellow left the building) Francis is not the antipope. That fellow will be along in due time. We as a Church and a people (mankind in general) have survived false popes before and we will again.

At the risk of being called racist by any lamestream types that sneak in here this is what we get for electing an Argentinian. I tend to think it was a deliberate action on the part of some of the 'smoke' that crept under the door; a means of preparing us for what is to come.

RR
      Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Working...
      X