I almost wonder why I did that.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I almost wonder why I did that.

One of the guys I work with found a good deal on CCI Mini-Mag .22LR. He informed me that he could get a case (5k rounds) for around $300 delivered. He wanted to get some, but he couldn't afford a whole case. So I split one with him. It should be here tomorrow, and I'll have another 2500 rounds of CCI Mini-Mag 36g HP. Works for me.

I need another 2500 rounds of .22LR about as much as I need another Dog, which is to say that I don't notably need it. But the ammo doesn't bark or make me take it outside when it's raining, so why not?

Heh.

When the .22 drought went away, I was down to about 4,000 rounds, which I thought was way too few. I can't tell you how many I have now, because every time I start counting, I think I've accounted for it all and remember another thousand or two that is stashed back.

Oh, well. The only times you can have too much ammo are when you are on fire or drowning, so I'm still good to go.
    Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Any ammo at a good price is always smart. Lowest amount of .22 lr allowed is 25,000 rounds here. I got Grand kids that think like my son, the ammo whore!

Comment

i agree with having plenty of ammo on hand, but I'm not "into" .22 rimfire at all. Yeah, I've got a couple of handguns that use it, but no long guns. My dad's 10-22 was given to his eldest grandson when he reached 12yo (he's 37 now and never shoots it). That was the only .22 rifle in the house--it came to me when my dad died in 1984. I do have a fair amount of .223, .308, and .45ACP, though (not by some of your standards), and the ability to reload a lot of .50AE, .45ACP, and .357 Mag.

flashguy
      When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

Working...
      X