Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment on stopping power of .25 ACP

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...oc1ashoot.html

Note that the pistol, fired at point blank range at the back of the officer's head, was stopped by the lexan "spit shield" in the cruiser! Lucky officer! Learned a cheap lesson, too, I bet!
    Freedom Of Speech does not include freedom from consequences.

When riding a horse, remember that you are not in control, but are just another voting member.

I know a guy in Los Angeles who got shot point blank almost between the eyes with a .25. The bullit went under the skin followed the skull and the came out the backside of his head. The bleeding stopped within 20 minutes and he had a slight concusion. The unfortunate part is this knuckle head needed to go to the great beyond. He is a gang banger/drug dealer with a rap sheet amile long. I would rather carry a .22 then a .25.

Comment

.25 ACP is weak, very weak.

Comment

but still, on average, better than a pointy stick
        Killing for the sake of honor is no longer allowed in our decadent society<br />– more\'s the pity, as it would greatly improve manners.<br />- - - - -<br /><a href=\"http://www.cloud9photography.us/\" target=\"_blank\">Airplane Pictures</a><br /><a href=\"http://crankylabs.com/gallery\" target=\"_blank\">Cranky Labs Image Repository</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.a-human-right.com/\" target=\"_blank\">A Human Right</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.olegvolk.net\" target=\"_blank\">Oleg Volk Photography</a><br />- - - - -<br />I\'m Amish Bill, and I approved this message.

Comment

Better than a pointy stick? Maybe.

Comment

FT had it--maybe. I have seen serious damage from pointy sticks

Comment

For its intended purpose*, it's just fine.

*Stick in bad-guy's mouth, pull trigger until empty.

Comment

Originally posted by arcom:
                For its intended purpose*, it's just fine.

*Stick in bad-guy's mouth, pull trigger until empty.
                I agree whole-heartedly especially when VERY discreet carry is important.Nine rds of .25acp out of a Beretta 950 is better than a .45 acp in the nightstand.The only thing Id add is:"Stick in bad guys mouth/ear/eye,pull trigger until empty".

Comment

Originally posted by Babyeagle40:
                  I know a guy in Los Angeles who got shot point blank almost between the eyes with a .25. The bullit went under the skin followed the skull and the came out the backside of his head. The bleeding stopped within 20 minutes and he had a slight concusion. The unfortunate part is this knuckle head needed to go to the great beyond. He is a gang banger/drug dealer with a rap sheet amile long. I would rather carry a .22 then a .25.
                  There was a case a few years ago where an Ohio Highway Patrolman, if I remember correctly, shot a bad guy through the windshield of the bad guy's car. I recall that he used a 9mm. Same thing - bullet entered under the skin of the BG's forehead, went up and over the top of his head under the skin, and exited the back. Main lasting effect was a bad headache!
                  Freedom Of Speech does not include freedom from consequences.

When riding a horse, remember that you are not in control, but are just another voting member.

Comment

I have seen a .22 round stopped in a plate glass window.

I have heard of .38special ricocheting off of a windshield.

I hope the bad-guy who attempted cold blooded murder was SEVERELY beaten back at the station.

Comment

Ummmmm, the article refers to a 5" barrel.

I don't think so.

Comment

My brother, an LEO, was investigating a murder.

During the investigation, they learned one guy shot another in the back of the head with 6 .22 shorts. The guy lived and none of the bullets penetrated the skull.

The murder was somehow related to the shooting but I cannot remember the details.

Comment

"I agree whole-heartedly especially when VERY discreet carry is important.Nine rds of .25acp out of a Beretta 950 is better than a .45 acp in the nightstand."
                          But 6 rounds of .32acp hollowpoints out of a KelTec P32 will beat 9 round of .25acp out of a Beretta any day of the week, and the two pistols are the same size. There is no reason to own a .25acp.

Comment

Never bring a pointy stick to a gunfight.
                            [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Ought,

There is no reason to own a .25acp.
                              There's lot of reasons to own a .25ACP... collectability, beauty, value. On the other hand, there's NEVER any reason to carry one for defense purposes unless your intent is to throw it like a rock at the bad guy.

You're right. A Kel-tec .32 would be much preferred.

Local cop story...guy gets shot in the belly from about 5 feet away with a .25ACP. Bullet goes through shirt and enters belly. Bullet rides under the skin half way around left side and stops still caught between skin and fat.

Another one...guy gets shot in face under the right eye towards outside, bullet breaks skin and simply glances off.

Conclusion - knives, pointy sticks, rocks or whatever's handy would be better than .25ACP for self-defense.

Maybe the time has come for a .25 magnum. Something with the power of a .380 or a 9mm Luger in a package just slightly larger than the typical .25 pistola. Perhaps a 7mm or a .27 or .28 caliber centerfire cartridge with an OAL equal to or just less than a .22 WMR. Perhaps a comeback of the .30 Luger is due. Though the .32ACP is defintive improvement over the .25ACP, it still lacks power. Fortunately, mfr.s like Kel-tec have developed smaller firearms for concealability. However, the consumer still needs a better round for that smaller package. Any wildcatters out there?

Chipper

Comment

Working...
                              X