No announcement yet.

AW.net Member - Killed in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for being there so we could be here!
    God bless you my brother.
    "the 2nd. Amend. is the original homeland security"

Comment

Greater love hath no man, that he lay down his life for his friends. Indeed. Requiescat in pace. Deus vobiscum.

flashguy
      When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

R.I.P.

Comment

No greater honor hath a man, that stands in harms way, to protect those he loves.
          thanks Mildot................
          may the Bonnie Blue wave forever

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Comment

Originally posted by GunnFixr:
            I do not know the circumstances surrounding his death, I do not know what branch of service he was in....
            CLHMildot was a member of Blackwater Security. He was killed in a bomb blast near his company vehicle on June 21 2005 in Ramadi.

He was not a member of the Armed Forces, but a hero nonetheless.

[ July 05, 2005, 21:04: Message edited by: GunnFixr ]
            I don't like you...

Comment

May Mildot rest peasefully in the gentle arms of Our Lord!! And may God give his family the strength to endure their grief and the faith in His wisdom to understand that God knows all the reasons that we can never fathom. And that someday if they keep thier faith in Him that they will be with Mildot again for eternity.

Our prayers go out to them in this time of grief.
              Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. - Samuel Johnson

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Comment

RIP Mildot.

Comment

See you on the other side Bro!

Comment

Hot many is that so far now? I think this is the second one for sure, but there are a few guys we had not heard from for a very long time and the last time we heard, they were going over, some as contractors. I suspect our losses are around five.
                    Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Comment

What a bummer, I always hate to here this news.

Comment

KERNERSVILLE - Curtis Hundley, 42, of 4413 Kernersville Road in Kernersville, a loving husband to Lisa, a wonderful son, brother and uncle, and an American warrior, gave his life in defense of his family and his country on Thursday, April 21, 2005, in Iraq. Born into a military family at Fort Knox, Ky., on July 19, 1962, his early years were spent at numerous locations, including Kentucky, Kansas, Germany, back to Kansas, California, Texas, the Panama Canal and back to Austin, Texas, where he graduated from Crockett High School in 1980. Curtis was always his own person. As a child, no one could make him eat something he didn't care for. He refused help when learning to ride a bicycle. At the same time, he loved his older brother and younger sister, and was a wonderful companion to both. In 1981, he enlisted in the Army and spent three years as a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Division. On one occasion, when asked by the division commanding general what he thought of the training program, Curtis, ornery as ever, said, "I think it's a little boring, sir." This drew a loud response from the general, which can be best understood by those who have served in the military. After his military service, he returned to Austin in 1983 and worked in the family air-conditioning business until 1985, when he decided to return to North Carolina. In North Carolina, he worked as an ironworker and then as an electrician for several garage-door companies. His hobbies were scuba diving off of sunken ships, hiking and rappelling off of cliffs, participating in competition-shooting matches and his Harley. When he met Lisa, she was like a beam of sunlight shining on him, and his years with her were the happiest years of his life. Then came 9/11, and soon after the war on terrorism. Curtis' patriotism and warrior blood became a driving force in his life, and when given the chance to join Blackwater Security and participate in defending our country, he did so. He said the only down side to being in the war was being away from Lisa. While in Iraq, he often said that the majority of Iraqis liked the Americans, and it was just the ones who had been thrown out of power, plus outside terrorists, who were the problem. Then, with six days left on his tour, Curtis gave everything he had to give. He is survived by his wife, Lisa; his mother and father, Marianne and Stephen Hundley; brother Frank and wife Melanie; sister Sheila and husband Master Sgt. Edward Mercado; nieces Chelsea and Shannon Mercado; uncles Otto and Walter Wagenhaeuser; mother and father-in-law Brenda and David Battle; and his many friends. A memorial service will be conducted at 7 p.m. today, April 28, at Hayworth-Miller Silas Creek Chapel, with the Rev. Donald Herb officiating. The family will receive friends at the funeral home after the service. As a memorial to Curtis, his family requests that when you wake up a free person living in America, you remember Curtis and the thousands of other brave young Americans who gave you that opportunity.

Thank you everyone for your love and support. Lisa

Comment

Being with God is the easy part, waiting to rejoin our loved ones in the presence of God...that is the difficult part. That day will come though, so long as you believe.

My prayers with his family. He was a good man.

Comment

God Bless and keep you, Lisa...
                            Take up our quarrel with the foe
                            To you from failing hands we throw
                            The torch; be yours to hold it high.
                            If ye break faith with us who die
                            We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
                            In Flanders fields.

Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae (1872-1918)

Support...really support...our vets!

Comment

May the good Lord bless you and yours, Lisa.

Mike

Comment

R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X