Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(GD) Granddaughters make me proud around my guns....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (GD) Granddaughters make me proud around my guns....

Three of 'em here from Texas. 13/13/8 years old. Been in my cabin playing on my pc all day. Unsupervised (they think).

Ten feet away, nineteen long guns against the wall. No problem. They will not touch them until later this week when grandpa (me- ) lets them shoot. Yes, they did look. No touches.

My kids have raised their children to respect and not fear guns. As I raised them.

I cannot speak for someone elses childs' safety around guns, but I can vouch for mine.

I am proud!

[ 30. January 2003, 04:12: Message edited by: Rebecca ]
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

VERITAS VINCIT
      A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

Good job Sir

Comment

Good job! but then again they are Grand"daughters" and not sons!

Comment

You done good sir, you done very good with your children and they in turn with theirs.

Comment

Around Chateau Ironhand the young 'uns will NEVER touch any of the guns here without permission!! 2 of them have their own rifles(AR-15's, including one we just built..sort of)and even the youngest 2(4 and 6) will not go anywhere near a real firearm if they see one out of the safe.

We knew that if you take the "mystery" out of firearms children are much less likely to sneak around and try to play with them. It seems that many of the tragedies that occur each year with kids shooting themselves and others is due to the parents "hiding" guns from their kids. Kids, being smarter than they are given credit for, know where the hidden guns are, and end up with them before long.

Teach 'em young, and they will not depart from it..or words to that effect!!

Comment

<Like IHJ said too>

[ 22. December 2002, 14:58: Message edited by: Amish_Bill ]
                Killing for the sake of honor is no longer allowed in our decadent society
                more\'s the pity, as it would greatly improve manners.
                - - - - -
                Airplane Pictures
                Cranky Labs Image Repository
                A Human Right
                Oleg Volk Photography
                - - - - -
                I\'m Amish Bill, and I approved this message.

Comment

God bless you, Mitch, for having such a wonderful family!

Your ob't servant,
                  Paul

Comment

It is not the kids (yours/mine)who are educated about gun safty that i worry about. the reason most of my guns are kept locked up is the other people who may come in contact with them, such as
                    my kids friends..

You see, I was shot with my own gun in my own room with the best ammo i could find (CCI MINI MAG)My dad was a cop and ever since i can remember
                    he has tought me about gun safty at 10 i had a knife collection i shure wish i still had today...lol
                    Anyway at 16 i owned several .22 rifles a marlin .35rem and a colt single action .22 revolver
                    and my parents thought nothing of me having guns/ammo because they knew i was safe with them
                    HOWEVER I had this "friend" who for some
                    F%$#^n reason went in to my room, went in to the bottom drawer of my dresser unwraped the gun from the silicone gun rag it was wraped in and proceded to play freekin cowboy with my freekin gun !!!!! So he seeing that i am pissed
                    "hands" It to me BARREL FIRST AND OF CORSE THE GUN WORKED AS SAM COLT INTENDED, AND BLEW A NICE .22 CAL HOLE IN MY HAND....LOL (IT'S FUNNY NOW)So the moral of the story..??
                    Hell i dont know the moral.. unless it is always watch out for the other idiot...

Comment

As promised, "The Three Amigos".
                      Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
                      I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

P.S.

the next day when i got out of the hospital
                        the gun was returned, but the "friend" was banned..

Comment

great pic ..! the one in the middle is a dead ringer for my oldest....

Comment

LOL, Sarah Brady must be quaking at the sight of that pic!

Steve

Comment

(imitate using "vampire seeing the daylight" tone of voice)

I have seen the guns .... ARGHHH ... BLACK EVehL GUNNS .... ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh ...... I am dying .... arghhhhhh ..... the guns .... ....

Took my son and daughter 5 lessons in gun safety, and i'm sure most of you know wich 5 i'm talking about, but they do not "fear" guns, they do respect them though.

Comment

Working...
                              X