(GD) A short story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    To be honest, not sure I've ever readany of your other works. But sci fi is always close to my heart, and this was a good one man. Thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks guys. The inspiration for that came from the dog go figure. Still haven't quite figured out how though.

I'll put something together to post up here soon.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca
    replied
    It's great to see you writing again. I'm gonna have to get you to repost all your past works when you get the chance so we can resubmit them to the archives again. We lost all of them in the switchover. Good story, brother. I'm looking forward to your next writing project! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Used to read lots of SI-FI. Had forgot how much I enjoyed it. Good short story, HR

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Indeed, Good story. Nice change going with the sci-fi this time. I re-read the Bobby's war thread about a month ago. Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Pretty good.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Funny thing about the black hole.

What an outside observer sees when a starship passes the event horizon is the ship start to stretch as relative time on the outside slows. Relative time because the gravity of the quantum singularity slows time. What is left is the image of the stretched ship but it does not dissapear entirely.

And will not until the end of time.

But inside of the event horizon, the time left before impact with the singularity is measured in tenths of a second depending on the solar mass of the black hole.

Probably the best description comes from a novel called "Gateway" where the main character is forever in grief over a loved one who ended up in a black hole. To him, she was still in that black hole, and would be forever. But she lasted for a tenth of a second before being compressed into a molecule and much of her energy (and a ship and several other crew) released in a stream of radiation black holes are known to emit.

They say that if a black hole were big enough, it can take a long time before hitting the singularity, and everything heads for it over time. Some say a galaxy has a black hole at the center.

It is also said that you might be able to orbit the sigularity in a rotating black hole (some rotate, some don't) and in some cases the singularity itself revolves (ring singularity). If you orbit that ring against the rotation of the ring, you travel back in time. (So says the theory - but that is all in math anyway).

I once wrote a space flight simulator program that simulated the inside of a black hole of sufficient solar mass where it takes some time to hit the singularity. I never got the black hole to work right though.

I know the Dark Zone well.
    (some of you will get that).

Leave a comment:

• Hawk45
    replied
    Saved this one before it could get lost! LOL

Thanks HR!

Leave a comment:

• krinkov
    replied
    and it was noticed somebody had scratched on the back of the wall of honor"KRINKOV WAS HERE" WINK!

and the beat go's on...................

take care,KRINK

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Its about damn time HR. Good short story. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    uh... next installment? It's a short story bro! I'll come up with something for you guys soon.

Mike

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Been waiting for another one of your stories Hard Rock...

As usual, excellent read!

When do we get the next installment?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Short indeed, but good read tough.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Good story!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Good read! I've always been a Sci-Fi fan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X