(GD) what state is the ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (GD) what state is the ...

... most "gun friendly", from east coast to west coast, north to south.

Forget "Ice-Cube" land (Alaska), and "Sun-Tan" land (Tahiti)

[ 11. December 2002, 23:31: Message edited by: Rebecca ]

none of them!

not real sure about which would be the best of the worst though, would venture to guess it would be in the south east.

Comment

Arkansas is pretty "gun-friendly" according to the NRA thing I got. It seems that almost all of the people that were running for office were on the A list...except for one D and one F. The drawbacks are the education system is in shambles thanks to Hitlery and the economy is at the very least backwards, but they don't mind if you have a gun. Heck, they still let school out the first day of deer hunting season...lol.

Comment

Probably Vermont, with no permit needed for handguns, although it's full of commie-libs.

Comment

I have heard that Massachusettes, New York, and California aren't to bad.

Really, I live in Florida. If you stay out of the major cities, it is all good.

Comment

Originally posted by O LINE:
            [QB]I have heard that Massachusettes, New York, and California aren't to bad.

...QB]
            [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Well..10aC ain't too bad: Shall-issue CCW, full-auto ownership/shooting ok, lots of places to shoot, highest per-capita CCW of any state, and if you stay out of Meowmfuss, yer OK [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Stirling:
                Well..10aC ain't too bad: Shall-issue CCW, full-auto ownership/shooting ok, lots of places to shoot, highest per-capita CCW of any state, and if you stay out of Meowmfuss, yer OK [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                Thanks for the answer Ed.

Thank you all too, this has been one of the questions that were going thru my mind, in a few years god willing we will move from here, and who knows, only time wimm tell.

Thank you all again for your time, patience and help.

Comment

Boston T Party rated the states in his book Boston's Gun Bible. His best rated states were:

1. Vermont with a 99 rating
                  2. Idaho 97
                  3. Kentucky 97
                  4. Louisiana 94
                  5. Wyoming 92
                  6. Montana 92
                  7. Arizona 91
                  8. Alaska 87
                  9. Mississippi 85
                  10. Georga 84
                  11. Texas 83
                  12. Florida 82
                  13. Oklahoma 80

His ten criteria were:
                  1. Private sale record
                  2, 3 and 4. Purchase of handguns, rifles and "assault rifles"
                  5. On foot open carry
                  6. In car open carry
                  7. Uniformity
                  8. Concealed carry
                  9. CHL issuance
                  10. CHL reciprocity

He gave each of these a rating of 0 - 10 and came up with the ranking.

CA scored 30 and Washington City scored a 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Nielsen:
                    Boston T Party rated the states in his book Boston's Gun Bible.
                    I'm surprised PA didn't make the list... Well, now that Rendell is in it'll all go to heck anyway.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by knight_308:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ted Nielsen:
                      Boston T Party rated the states in his book Boston's Gun Bible.
                      I'm surprised PA didn't make the list... Well, now that Rendell is in it'll all go to heck anyway.

Steve
                      </font>[/QUOTE]He rated all the states I just listed all the states that scored 80 and above. PA scored 61.

Comment

Well I figured we rated below Vermont because we have to get a license to carry concealed. But sure am glad to see we rate right up next to them for a gun friendly state.

No waiting period to buy a rifle or handgun (like some states). No having to get a permit to own a handgun (like some states), and best of all if you've got a CCW no NICS check, just go in fill out the paperwork and go home right then and there with your weapon.

Plus private sales even at gun shows is allowed - picked up quite a few rifles that way (both at gun shows and from others). Love my state in that regards (especially the full auto part and silencers - yep we can have those as well if we've got the paperwork and paid the tax).

All in all Idaho is a good state (except for a few people out of California trying to ruin it).

Comment

louisiana should be # one,
                          its a class III state,
                          we have ccw that the governor pushed through ,
                          we have shoot the burglar law and shoot the car jacker law .
                          we have tons of "public hunting" lands
                          we have state run shooting ranges
                          our local sherrif not only provides a range for the public to use , but he supplies the targets and the instructors if you want to shoot better. plus he let us hold matches on the range. besides great duck and goose and dove hunting , we got great fishing. the deer hunting and hog hunting is pretty good also..
                          "He who feels no pride in his ancestors is unworthy to be remembered by his
                          descendants" Major David French Boyd, 9th Louisiana Infantry, Confederate States army

\"may your trails be crooked,winding,lonesome,dangerous,leading to the most amazing view.
                          may your mountains rise into and above the clouds\"
                          e.a.

Comment

Aw, shucks. All I have to say is: "Woo Hoo! Go Kentucky!
                            Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
                            I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Figured Vermont would be 1st just on the strength of it's CCW law or no law rather.

Ky

Comment

Working...
                              X