No announcement yet.

(GD) Who was your first......?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Stevens 410 single shot. I was about 15 and I bought It from another kid I knew. About every third or fourth shot, the barrel/forarm half would fly of the gun and I would have to put it back on to shoot some more.
    My mother found it and threw it away. Dam! sombodys always trying to take your gun!

Comment

Stevens .22, break down model droping block lever action (single shot). $1.50...about 1948/49~!

------------------
      Diesel

Comment

The first firearm I ever owned was a Mossberg Model 190K 16Ga. shotgun wich my mother bought for me for my 14th birthday. The first one I bought for myself was a Remington Model 788 in 22-250 when I was 23. What a canon!

[This message has been edited by Drifter (edited 24 November 2002).]

Comment

Mossberg 20ga. When I was 14, which was back in the stone age. It had a flintlock firing mechanism.

I'd had the funds for 2 years, but due to the fact that we were in Europe previous to that, I couldn't get one.

Too many hinky firearm laws in Spain, even then. And my father made me wait until we got back stateside.
          Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

M1 Garand given to me by my grandfather. Still have it and treasure it.

------------------
            Dope it, dial it, dump it.

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun and profit.
            If at first you don\'t succeed, skydiving isn\'t for you!

I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying \"You\'re next\". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.

Comment

I gave my sons M-14's for their first rifles...and many others followed!

------------------
              Diesel

Comment

A Stevens 20 ga single shot, was given to me by my dad when I was a kid, the shotgun was bigger than I was. The 1st one I bought was a $49.00 Turk Mauser about 3 years ago. I had been moving around alot state to state, after I went back to school, so I almost ignored guns for about 4 years, although I did take my Brownin bl 22 and 16 ga A-5 with me everytime I moved. Once I got settled into a good job in Michigan I joined the NRA, after seeing the NRA program on tv where the guns were being ground up into itty bitty pieces. Good thing I was working midnite shift, as I was pacing the floors at 4:30 am on a night off.It seems that is the only time this show has ever been shown on tv, and was a real eye opener.If you ever seen it you know what I am talking aout. Well anyway on the front cover there was the " evolution of the k98k" I had to have a mauser, so I had one shipped from SOG t a local shop. It was so cool that big straight bolt, I kept peeking in the box while driving home. After that I got hooked on milsurps, and became a gunfreak. My house smells of hoppes#9, and cosmoline.
                I was almost a sheeple in college, very trusting of people and big brother. Well a good dose of reality cured my shepledom, and I am on a crusade to liberate sheeple from themselves. I am directly responsible for turning 4 " you cant hunt with that thing" types to fans of the kalashnikav, and other evil scary guns

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy:
                  My house smells of hoppes#9, and cosmoline.

Same hear, LOL, I wonder if they will ever make an after shave or cologne based on it!
                  (The only trick would be getting the ladies to appreciate it)

Comment

bump

Comment

Ruger GP100; everything before that was a loaner

Comment

First I ever bought was an M1903 Springfield, SN 1503117. If you have it call me, I waqnt it back!
                        I was 16, paid $125.00 in 1981.
                        First gun was a Berthier carbine someone gave me when I was nine, firing pin was cut off and ammo was almost impossible to find. Used to play war with it in the yard, and once used it to scare off an intruder (at 12).

Comment

Originally posted by WillardNH:
                          First I ever bought was an M1903 Springfield, SN 1503117. If you have it call me, I waqnt it back!
                          I was 16, paid $125.00 in 1981.
                          Sorry neither of mine have that Serial # or I would gladly see that you got it back.

Comment

First Rifle I bought was a 10/22.

First pistol was a Baretta .22lr (eek...Mousegun!)

Fleataxi

------------------
                            "Obey God, Serve Mankind, Oppose Tyranny"

Comment

My first handgun was a S & W sigma .40, I have since seen the errors of my ways! My first long gun was a post-ban AR built for a bushy lower and an OLY upper.

------------------
                              It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us-that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion-that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. Abraham Lincoln
                              November 19, 1863

Comment

Chinese SKS with beautiful blonde furniture I bought off a friend when I was 16. Had to sell it to another friend for a $200 speeding ticket. Life sucks. Still miss that beutiful stock!

------------------
                                God bless America!

Comment

Working...
                                X