No announcement yet.

(GD) Who was your first......?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First gun was a single shot .410 at the ripe age of 8, then on my 10th birthday I got a double barrel 16 ga. (Stevens model 311). I still have th .410 it was my grandads, then my dads, and now I shall pass it on to my daughters.

------------------
    What we have here is failure to communicate, some men you just can't reach....

Charlie Co. 3/15 Inf. 24th Inf. Div. (Mech)
    Operation Desert Shield/ Desert Storm, Aug. 90 - March 91

And when he gets to Heaven...
    to Saint Peter he will tell...
    One more soldier reporting, Sir...
    I've served my time in Hell.

Comment

My first long gun was a Browning 22 lever action.

My first handgun was a Colt 22 Woodsman Match Target.

------------------
      The right to buy,own and use weapons is the right to be free.

Mr. West, not every situation requires your patented approach of shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more and then when everybody's dead try to ask a question or two.
      (President Grant from the Wild, Wild West)

Comment

Remington Mohawk Nylon 66 with the detachable 10-rd magazine. Should have kept it for the sake of memories, but alas it didn't like CCI Stinger and in a fit of poor finances I sold it some few years later.

RR

------------------
        Real survivalists can take care of their own sick and injured. http://medtech.syrene.net/
        Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

First gun I recieved was a Browning BPS 12 gauge when I was 12.

First gun I bought myself was an SAR 1.

------------------
          "Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds."
          Bob Marley

[This message has been edited by Camel (edited 24 November 2002).]

Comment

You hard core guys will love this one....
            My first gun that I bought was only 2months after my 18th B-day and it was a preban NORINCO underfolder AK-47 from Woolworths in the Maine Mall in Maine...
            Ahhh the feeling of walking throught the mall with a AK-47 and a box(20rds) of ammo.........

BISHOP

[This message has been edited by BISHOP (edited 24 November 2002).]
            The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

My first gun was a "Sears & Roebuck Ted Williams" bolt-action single-shoot .22LR, that you have to cock before firing. It was given to me by parents while I was in high school.
              First one I bought was a S&W 6906 9mm pistol. First rifle I bought was a Norinco MAK-90 Sporter. First shotgun: Mossberg 590 with full-length mag tube and 'marine-coat' finish.
              I still have all 3.

Comment

My first rifle was a Diana md#34, hey dont laugh that sucker would knock a rabbit a** over tea kettle at 50 yds.
                My first pistol was a Colt frontier scout .22 complete with fancy black cowboy rig.

------------------
                No coward soul is mine
                No trembler in the world's storm troubled sphere
                I see heavens glories shine
                And faith shines equally
                Arming me from fear
                ----Jane Bronte-----

"Its a HOMELAND DEFENCE RIFLE"--You gotta problem with that

Comment

7 years old, Savage .410 single barrel. Dad cut the stock down so the length of pull fit. I still have it.

First rifle was an M1 carbine. I carried it deer hunting. Never killed a deer though. I must have shot at 25 or so.

Killed my first deer at 11 with a bolt action M77 in .243. One week later, I got 2 more with a 1100 20 ga.

Only hunt now for the meat. I was fortunate enough to have a father whom taught firearm safety and carried my brother and I hunting.

Comment

First Gun I bought was a Springfield 1911 A1. Sep 2002

First Gun That was handed down from hand to hand (none) they were in the attic, a Webley .455, an Enfield ,303, and a Garand .30-06, they used to belong to my gran-dad. August 2002

First Gun i ever took was a MAT 49. February 1967

First Gun that was ever given to me was a M-14. January 1964

Comment

First: FN Concours .22lr pistol (Secondhand)
                      Second: CZ75b pistol (new)
                      Third: .30M1 Winchester carbine (sold it last year)
                      Fourth: StG58 bought it almost brand new
                      Fifth: Oly Arms carbine AR15 (bought it new)

Now I'm in the market for.....don't know it yet...thinking about a blackpowder rifle....45-70....

CZ

[This message has been edited by CZ (edited 24 November 2002).]

Comment

The first longarm I ever bought in my own name was a Winchester 94 in .30-30 in 1979; first handgun was a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special in 1983; wish I still had them.

Your ob't servant,
                        Paul

------------------
                        "... Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." -- Nehemiah 4:14

Comment

The first I bought was a Rem. mod 66

Comment

My first handgun was a SIG 239 and my first rifle was an AR15 that I built from a Century lower and Bushmaster upper.I'm kind of starting backwards.I just got a shotgun and now need a .22 rifle and revolver for the wife to shoot.

Comment

First handgun I owned was a .357 wheel gun. Huge thing and my exhusband traded it for something he wanted (hmmm).

Right after my divorce I found a sporterized Enfield. When I moved back home and left my weapons behind I found it was still in mom's closet.

It got me started on the gun collecting. I now have a safe overfilled with rifles and a few handguns.

Favorite handgun - the Beretta 92F I bought from my father who got it new in 1984 and had put less than 100 rounds through it when he sold it to me.

Best investment I ever made.

Now I seem to collect 03's and 03A3's. Got 3 of them and 4 Enfields along with a variety of other rifles both bolt action and semi's.

Comment

First Rifle Model 60 Marlin at 14, my brother did the paper work.
                                First shotgun Mossberg 385KB at 16, my mother did the paper work.
                                First pistol Raven .25, the day I turned 21.

Never had one given to me paid for them my self.

Comment

Working...
                                X