Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Gun Talk > The Ammo Room

Old April 13th, 2007, 11:35 AM
davechng

IS there a way toi import "sporting ammunition" into the US from China?? Have got leads to the source but I know there is a executive order against CHina on import of weapons! but ammunition like .223 and 308 or .45ACP .. I wonder if we can still import them as SPorting ammo.

DaveC
Old April 14th, 2007, 08:13 PM
vicg1

I have a funny feeling that those persons that made a living importing ammo from China before the ban would have researched this thoroughly before walking away from their livelihoods...
Old April 15th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Executive Member

It would be nice if someone found a way.....308, at this gun show, was over $600.00 for a 1000 rounds.
Old April 15th, 2007, 04:21 PM
victor23

Man Have I been out of the loop. $600 for a case of .308?
Old April 15th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Executive Member

I was under the impression that only Norinco was the only company from mainland China that was baned. Since they are the primary Chinese arms manufacture that pretty much killed the cheap Chinese ammo and weapons imports. I could be wrong, so if someone else has better info, please speak up.

Frank
AC0XV
Old April 16th, 2007, 10:04 AM
davechng

no! Norinco is a Export company! a front for the Export of sporting goods, ammunition! there are bunch of compaies in there that trade these products !

Anybody knows we can still import ammo ... not military but sporting ammo from CHina??

DaveC!
Old April 16th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Duncan M

Not true Norinco FMJ is coming back into the market. The prices however make softpoint and HP look better. Saw it at the last gunshow. Both the old style Yellow Box is being imported and their new brownish copper box = Newer brand.
Old April 18th, 2007, 06:46 PM
vicg1

Quote:
Originally posted by Duncan M:
Not true Norinco FMJ is coming back into the market. The prices however make softpoint and HP look better. Saw it at the last gunshow. Both the old style Yellow Box is being imported and their new brownish copper box = Newer brand.
Don't spread rumors... someone may believe them. I don't think you saw any new Norinco ammo... it is not being imported. All imports of guns/ammo from China were banned by executive order in 1994. Only "non-combat" shotguns are allowed to be imported. If you saw some it was either old or "unofficially" (read: Illegaly) imported...
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
Duncan M

I got the pictures but don't know how to share them with you. Two different vendors and in case you haven't figured it out, I don't lie so this is what I was told and shared last year, and it proved to be true this year.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 08:36 AM
vicg1

IT'S NOT TRUE. YOU CAN NOT LEGALLY IMPORT IT. SHOW ME ONE SELLER THAT HAS IT AVAILABLE ONLINE. Who are these vendors?

That brownish box with copper color writing, etc is not new. It has been around a decade.

Norinco is NOT being imported currently. I have a pallet of it here but just because I bring it to a show and sell some it doesn't mean that it is currently inbound.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 10:26 AM
vicg1

Tiananmen disrupted the U.S.-China trade relationship, and U.S. investors' interest in China dropped dramatically. The U.S. Government also responded to the political repression by suspending certain trade and investment programs on June 5 and 20, 1989. Some sanctions were legislated; others were executive actions. Examples include:

Munitions List Exports--subject to certain exceptions, no licenses may be issued for the export of any defense article on the U.S. Munitions List. This restriction may be waived upon a presidential national interest determination [note: “Munitions” seems to be defined here as all firearms except “non-combat” shotguns and black powder guns, and all ammunition and components, except for shotgun shells].
Old April 23rd, 2007, 03:31 PM
davechng

SO, that pretty much covers all ammunitions except 12 gauage??

Man! that sucks though..... got source to get all the 308 and 223 we want! but I guess that pretty much seals the case!

DaveC
Old April 23rd, 2007, 07:09 PM
vicg1

Quote:
Originally posted by vicg1:
give the Ruskies a chance... only a matter of time before they iron out the bugs with steel cased 308... or convince the Pres to overturn the existing ban!
Old April 23rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Duncan M

All I can tell you is what the dealers both said. They are getting it in, the price is on par with current over the counter Winchester white box, so why purchase a non reloadable steel case ammo for the same price. It's not steel core or anything exotic.

Two shows back when china and the US were in talks about North Korea it was said there was an agreement made that would allow ammo trades to open back up again. I can't prove what I was told, but do have the pictures from the last show and nobod varried from what was said.

A few months back there was another post about some ammo coming in and it sounded just like what was described. If you want I can download the images from my phone but will then need to talk to the admins about where these images are to be e-mailed.

Doesn't bother me if you believe or not I am just the messenger and it appears what was stated is true.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
vicg1

it's not true... I import ammo, I sell ammo... it's not true. Simply read the import regs... plain as day.
Old May 16th, 2007, 01:56 AM
P-99er

Those are some sloppy facts being thrown around.

http://cns.miis.edu/pubs/week/030530.htm

This article from the Treasury Dept describes the ban as being for 2 years, and implies it has expired.

http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforce...20050527.shtml

I would think President Bush can lift it just as quickly as he enacted it.
Old May 29th, 2007, 08:22 PM
vicg1

Quote:
Originally posted by P-99er:
Those are some sloppy facts being thrown around.

http://cns.miis.edu/pubs/week/030530.htm

This article from the Treasury Dept describes the ban as being for 2 years, and implies it has expired.

http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforce...20050527.shtml

I would think President Bush can lift it just as quickly as he enacted it.
no sloppy facts... munitions banned in 1989. Further bans on other products made by Norinco enacted for a 2 year period in later years... muntions still banned except for shotguns.