Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Discussion > General Discussion

Old July 25th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Contributor
Moderator Token Forum Zombie

Default Hungary Destroys All Monsanto GMO Corn Fields

Hungary Destroys All Monsanto GMO Maize Fields

In an effort to rid the country of Monsanto's GMO products, Hungary has stepped up the pace. This looks like its going to be another slap in the face for Monsanto. A new regulation was introduced this March which stipulates that seeds are supposed to be checked for GMO before they are introduced to the market. Unfortunately, some GMO seeds made it to the farmers without them knowing it.

Almost 1000 acres of maize found to have been grown with genetically modified seeds have been destroyed throughout Hungary deputy state secretary of the Ministry of Rural Development Lajos Bognar said. The GMO maize has been ploughed under, said Lajos Bognar, but pollen has not spread from the maize, he added.

Unlike several EU members, GMO seeds are banned in Hungary. The checks will continue despite the fact that seed traders are obliged to make sure that their products are GMO free, Bognar said.

During their investigation, controllers have found Pioneer and Monsanto products among the seeds planted.

The free movement of goods within the EU means that authorities will not investigate how the seeds arrived in Hungary but they will check where the goods can be found, Bognar said. Regional public radio reported that the two biggest international seed producing companies are affected in the matter and GMO seeds could have been sown on up to thousands of hectares in the country.

Most of the local farmers have complained since they just discovered they were using GMO seeds. With season already under way, it is too late to sow new seeds, so this years harvest has been lost.

And to make things even worse for the farmers, the company that distributed the seeds in Baranya county is under liquidation. Therefore, if any compensation is paid by the international seed producers, the money will be paid primarily to that company's creditors, rather than the farmers.

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
Old July 25th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Executive Member

Default Re: Hungary Destroys All Monsanto GMO Corn Fields

This corn cause some sort of horror movie type affliction or something? Genetically modified-exactly WHAT does this mean? You'd think that instead of wasting edible food, they could at least have sent it to some country where the residents would have been glad to have it.

Careful who you kick on your way up, they'll kick you twice on your way down!
Old July 25th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Contributor

The Monsanto GMO seeds are causing a lot of issues. The problem is patents. Monsanto is getting patents for it's seeds. They have a big lobbying group with tons of money that's pushing politicians to make laws saying a farmer can't plant any heirloom type seeds.

In other words Monsanto wants to stop people from growing off their own seeds for the next season so they will have to buy Monsanto seeds. That way it's illegal for you to keep a couple of pods of your own okra that your great grandaddy grew and use the seeds from those pods to plant next years garden.

It's a big tangled mess and Monsanto is in the lead practically making the laws (or getting them made to suit them by lobbying politicians).

Last edited by Reb; September 6th, 2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Executive Member

All corn products have been modified these days....Hungary is just being politically stupid.
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Executive Member

Now I know why Monsanto bought Xe (formerly Blackwater). Makes sence if they need to push back aginst some one like Hungery.
AC0XV
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Executive Member

Like I said before, the War on Food.

Up in Massachusetts years ago, it was VERY hard to find a farmer who would sell you a few open pollinated seeds. They didn't want to get in trouble with "The Law". Don't know what laws, I just know I couldn't get any.
Old July 25th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Executive Member

I try to avoid most forms of corn including corn oil, high fructose corn syrup, corn meal (I miss corn bread) and fritos. It has already been proven that genetically modified foods cause cancer. No telling what else it does.

Eating is like walking in a mine field these days, except that death is slower.

Monsanto is pure evil.
Old July 25th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty-thirty View Post
I try to avoid most forms of corn including corn oil, high fructose corn syrup, corn meal (I miss corn bread) and fritos. It has already been proven that genetically modified foods cause cancer. No telling what else it does.

Eating is like walking in a mine field these days, except that death is slower.

Monsanto is pure evil.
Better throw chicken, pork, beef etc.. in the mix as well. Cause these animals are altered greatly as well.

We are ALL being slowly poisoned in the interest of the $$$

JMHO
Tread
Old July 25th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Contributor

Obviously you folks haven't been keeping up with Monsanto and their link with the government over the take-over of the foods produced world wide.

Let me try to explain what's going on here.

They are engineered to produce a reliance upon Monsanto and their related products. The UN and our government is trying to make it illegal to plant anything other than Monsanto GMO seeds. Remember the article about it being illegal to grow your own garden in some places. Why? Because Monsanto doesn't want your plants to pollinate with their GMO plants.

In some cases Monsanto has sued farmers who had a field near Monsanto fields, and won every time. They either have to plant Monsanto's product or not plant at all.

Some of their GMO seed, "Round-Up Ready" seed, for example, has been shown to create insecticide in your intestines. The plant produces it's own pesticide and we eat it. Is that really what you want from your food?

Problem is, they now control most of Congress due to lobbying and they have the UN in their back pocket. If we don't stop them they will totally control the world's food supply. It's too bad it's almost too late to do much about it.

You'd think Americans would begin to wonder why so many countries refuse US food products due to hormones and antibiotics, etc, in the animals, and GMO food products - many of which were never supposed to hit the human food chain...

Btw Round Up, owned and manufactured by Monsanto is nothing more than watered down Agent Orange also manufactured by Monsanto.

Last edited by Reb; September 6th, 2011 at 03:40 AM.
Old July 26th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Executive Member

Question Re: Hungary Destroys All Monsanto GMO Corn Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc View Post
Now I know why Monsanto bought Xe (formerly Blackwater).
Link/Source?

thanks
Old July 26th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Executive Member

It shocks me how much these corporations have gotten control of our courts and congress. There was a time that the courts stood up for the people, but those days are long gone. Judges today are just nazis whether they are libs or conservatives, does not matter.
How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).
Old July 26th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Contributor

I don't care about the insecticide, the genetically modified crap or any of the rest of that stuff. What I do care about is a company backed by a government having a monopoly on food production.

Monsanto has actually successfully sued farmers for planting seeds that weren't theirs? The government is entertaining the idea of making it illegal for you and me to grow a garden. There was an article not long ago about it that I thought I posted here.

Monsanto acts like a government themselves because they have the gov's backing. They've sent agents to farmer's houses demanding all their records from years back.

Don't believe what I'm saying, read the articles:

Agricultural Giant Battles Small Farmers

David Runyon and his wife Dawn put a lifetime of work into their 900-acre Indiana farm, and almost lost it all over a seed they say they never planted....The Runyons charge bio-tech giant Monsanto sent investigators to their home unannounced, demanded years of farming records, and later threatened to sue them for patent infringement. The Runyons say an anonymous tip led Monsanto to suspect that genetically modified soybeans were growing on their property.

Monsanto Sues Midwest Farmers for Saving Soybean Seeds

John and Paul Mayfield, who farm in Arkansas, came to Reesman with a case unlike any he had ever seen. The brothers are being sued by Monsanto, the multinational corporation that's a pioneer of genetic engineering.

Monsanto has filed a number of suits, but most farmers settle out of court rather than submit to a costly legal battle.

Monsanto sues more small family farmers

Thursday brings this anger-inducing news that Monsanto is suing yet another North American farmer for having his own field contaminated with FrankenCanola from another field through no fault of his own.

Monsanto Atrocities – Read and Take Action

Percy Schmeiser is a farmer from Saskatchewan Canada, whose Canola fields were contaminated with Monsanto’s genetically engineered Round-Up Ready Canola by pollen from a nearby farm. Monsanto says it doesn’t matter how the contamination took place, and is therefore demanding Schmeiser pay their Technology Fee (the fee farmers must pay to grow Monsanto’s genetically engineered products). According to Schmeiser, “I never had anything to do with Monsanto, outside of buying chemicals. I never signed a contract.

Monsanto versus Farmers

To-date, Monsanto has filed 90 lawsuits against American farmers; and 147 farmers and 39 small businesses or farm companies have had to fight for their lives to avoid paying additional court costs, attorneys’ fees, and in some cases, costs incurred by Monsanto while investigating them

The Center for Food Safety estimates that Monsanto has been awarded over $15 million for judgments granted in their favour. The largest recorded single payment received from one farmer was US $3,052,800 (Farmer Anderson, Case no. 4:01: CV-01 749)

Old July 27th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Executive Member

It is not an issue many people outside of farming know or care about, but just earlier this year my roomates and I decided to put a vegtable garden in the yard and I got the idea of ordering some heirloom seeds online. Best selection and prices on ebay were out of Siberia (Russia). Now in the past, I had been buying and selling some shal we say "interesting" items with people all over the world, and not had much difficulty at it until several agencies were on to me, but then you just try getting some regular "ordinary" non GMO heirloom vegtable seeds from overseas and see what happens. I even tried it in small volume just to not be a threat to some big agribusiness firm, but nope, the stuff never showed up, never got a reciept as "seized" and the seller eventually went out of business because of shipment issues to the US. In the meantime, I had sold a bicycle to a guy in Russia, broke it up into four packages, all four made it no problem, no bribes needed, stuff not all torn apart. Now gettng something basic into the US that someone feels their corporate profits are threatened over and see what happens. Theft, sabotage, you name it.

As far as someone showing up at the doorstep with threats, that's pushing it, but in these cases with Monsanto they likely always get the county law in their pocket. I know there is a federal farm agency office in Portland that regularly work with the FBI, but so far their own agents claim not to carry guns.

The issue with an East European country getting their panties in a wad over the issue is really two issues. One, they don't want to be in a position of being obligated to pay royalties to Monsanto under EU agreements and law while Monsanto pays no taxes to those countries and beyond their original genetic work, is providing no service. Also realize their philosophy has even been the same over medicine, which they feel is not something a company should profit from beyond rewards for the success of the original research (IE, no controlling residual interest). The other issue they consider (which is why Siberia has traditionally been big on Heirloom crops) is transport problems that happen in countries with vulnerable railways and no superhighways capable of the type of cargo movement we have in the US. If any one country in the seed pipeline has a major disaster, all of the downline countries cannot obtain sufficient amounts of seed for the next crop year. Thus the use of GMO sterile hybrids create a serious economic survival problem for landlocked countries or those with only seasonal shipping facilities.
Old July 27th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Executive Member

Media and academia give little to no scrutiny to Monsanto. You will not learn that the Monsanto Family were the pricipal slave traders on this continent 250 years ago.
Old July 30th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pete View Post
All corn products have been modified these days....Hungary is just being politically stupid.

Hmmm, don't look now but your ignorance is showing. Or is it that you own stock in ADM and Monsanto?
Old July 31st, 2011, 12:04 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreverSlyFox View Post
Hmmm, don't look now but your ignorance is showing. Or is it that you own stock in ADM and Monsanto?
I've heard 95% of the corn grown in the US is GMO. In addition to the patenting of the seed, its termination (pretty much non reproduceable), but the introduction of pesticides into its genetic makeup which causes harm to its consumers especially in its digestive tract, which manifest in the short term as allergies, weight gain, and the longer term colon and other cancers.

It's the stupid introduction of non-corn genes into its genetic makeup (e.g. cockroach genes in tomatoes) which are a cause for worry.
I have a Right to my Life; I have a Right to the Fruits of my Labor. If you concede the principle of the Income Tax, you concede the principle that the government owns ALL your income and permits you to keep a certain percentage of it.
─Ron Paul, interview by Time on Sep 17, 2009.
Old September 5th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Executive Member

Monsanto Corporation Gets Owned By 11 Yr Old Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SvVZwJbs54c
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Skinem

Not a fan of monsanto nor the extremes they've gone to to protect their product, but the 11 year-old boy has nicely written bit of propaganda. Both sides use it well.

...but at least MY pigs roll in the mud and MY cows eat grass all day...or my hay. It ain't all corporate farms...yet.
Old September 5th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballmagnet View Post
This corn cause some sort of horror movie type affliction or something? Genetically modified-exactly WHAT does this mean? You'd think that instead of wasting edible food, they could at least have sent it to some country where the residents would have been glad to have it.
Read up on whom owns the biggest interest in GM foods, George Soros. GM seeds are already wiping out or altering many heritage or original species. It is like reprogramming a computer on a network with a probable virus and without a back up disc, except many more lives are on the line. Some GM corn produces a biotoxin capable of poisoning corn worms. How the hell good can that be for us? IMOP: GM seeds are a recipe for disaster.
Old September 5th, 2011, 09:55 PM
C. M. Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballmagnet View Post
This corn cause some sort of horror movie type affliction or something? Genetically modified-exactly WHAT does this mean?
Yes, that's exactly what this has the potential to be, "some sort of horror movie type affliction or something". Exortion through threat of "Famine" on national/global levels.

Monsanto is gentically modifying many grains,(including corn), to ONLY germinate with it's similar modified grains AND blocking any other same type grains from germinating even with themselves,(the unmodified grains), which leaves only the Monsanto modified grains left to florish... with the eventual monopoly on all modified type grains that Monsanto holds patents on.

Hungry has found this out and is simply evicting all Monsanto modified grains,(corn).

Pay close attention to this story, Monsanto is also doing this very thing here in the US,(except our government is helping to fund Monsanto in this research and propagation and has been since the clintons were in office).... and with far more types of grains beyond just corn,(wheat, oats, barley, etc, etc).

Michael

Last edited by C. M. Wolf; September 5th, 2011 at 10:12 PM.