Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Member Services > Technical Support

Old November 1st, 2017, 20:16
Executive Member

Default Back to Windoze........

Just too many things I do, are too hard with Linux. I STILL want to do a dual boot......but always screw it up, and NUKE my Windows!!

One thing I noticed with my change back to Windows.......is the sound system. Good Lord......MUCH louder!!! I had to have things almost to MAX with Linux.....now I can blow the roof off the place!!!

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)
Old November 1st, 2017, 21:22
Executive Member

Default Re: Back to Windoze........

After using Windows again, the sound is GREAT........but the rest of it SUCKS!!

Not happy at all.......

It IS a brand new system, hopefully it will get better as I use it...........???
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)
Old November 1st, 2017, 21:47
Executive Member

I did not have any problem going dual boot with winder 7 and linex mint. Admittedly xhave not done much with linux yet since getting stupid winders straightened out.

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid
Old November 1st, 2017, 21:55
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah1g View Post
I did not have any problem going dual boot with winder 7 and linex mint. Admittedly xhave not done much with linux yet since getting stupid winders straightened out.
Yea......I found that Windows "protects" itself from any other dual boot these days.......EUFI or something?? Even if I turn it off in my BIOS......it always has gone wrong so far.........
Old November 1st, 2017, 22:57
Your Friendly Kraut
Administrator

My honeymoon with Linux was over a couple of years ago. There is too much Windows based software that will not run on Linux even with Wine.

I want a transparent operating system too, not one that I have to 'operate' to get things done. What a PITA Linux is. Worse than Windows to me, if you can believe that.

Peace is our Profession, War is just a Hobby...
Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

SAC WILL BE BACK!

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!
Old November 1st, 2017, 23:24
Executive Member

Yes....WAY TOO bad!!!! If the Linux Crew would dedicate themselves, they could rule the World. But THAT takes some money......

But who's to say, they would not eventually end up as corrupt as Microsoft??

I guess it all depends on what you expect from your OS......but I will admit, Linux is starting to fall WAY behind, in a LOT of respects.......