Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Discussion > General Discussion

Old December 5th, 2017, 18:52
Executive Member

Default The Absurdity of Massachusetts Gun Laws

Got my Ruger LC9s this morning. Called one shop up in Woburn, a bit of a hike from my town -- $299. Called a shop a couple towns over -- $379. Decided to take the drive.

So there I am in the gun shop, talking with the guys as we did the paperwork and waited, and naturally my eyes are drawn to the beautiful assortment of "assault rifles" in the rack behind the counter and set on peg boards upon the walls. I say to the guy, "That's a sweet SCAR 17 you got there. But I thought they were all banned now here?" He shakes his head and tells me, "Nope. Only ARs."

So here we have the Massachusetts AG gather her people in the dark of night not long ago and cast a vote to make AR-15s illegal here. BUT ... I can still go out and buy and FN SCAR, and IMI Tavor, and whatever my heart desires.

I don't understand their logic. They banned the AR and claimed it was done to keep these "weapons of war" off of our streets. I guess it's because they noticed that the AR platform is used by the military, so they think that civilians in possession of weapons that "look" like what our military is using is dangerous, and by banning them they just prevented more mass shootings.

In a sense, it's like banning Fruit Loops because kids are choking on the cereal, but ignore the fact that Cheerios are pretty much the same thing.

Bad analogy, but I just find it kind of scary how people this ignorant and moronic can be in positions of power and enacting laws.
Old December 5th, 2017, 19:13
Executive Member

Default Re: The Absurdity of Massachusetts Gun Laws

I wish I lived in Massachusetts... said no one. Ever.

But seriously, $299 is a good price on that. That is the best deal I could find around here when I bought mine.
Old December 5th, 2017, 20:00
Executive Member

Icon18 Re: The Absurdity of Massachusetts Gun Laws

Another reason-among many-to eventually get work and an address outside of Massachusetts AND to keep ANY firearm you already own.. because,by Administrative Whimsy,a pistol like your Sig that you purchased legally in Massachusetts previously may become virtually impossible to replace when you desire to.
Old December 5th, 2017, 20:02
Contributor

The problem is you expect 'logic' and 'common sense' from Liberal Demcrap politicians! LOL

Even worse you expect them to actually know about the guns they are banning. Sometimes their ignorance can be a blessing.
Old December 6th, 2017, 12:45
Cuss n' Discuss Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk45 View Post
The problem is you expect 'logic' and 'common sense' from Liberal Demcrap politicians! LOL

Even worse you expect them to actually know about the guns they are banning. Sometimes their ignorance can be a blessing.
That they have no idea about firearms might be a blessing under certain circumstances.

Like California. They banned the .50 BMG, but that's pretty much exactly what they named and banned. Someone, (Michael Z. Williamson, IIRC) commented that he wanted to get a custom barrel and chamber made that was .001" smaller, and name it the .499 Finestein.

Old December 6th, 2017, 13:52
Executive Member

Icon36 Re: The Absurdity of Massachusetts Gun Laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferson101 View Post
That they have no idea about firearms might be a blessing under certain circumstances.

Like California. They banned the .50 BMG, but that's pretty much exactly what they named and banned. Someone, (Michael Z. Williamson, IIRC) commented that he wanted to get a custom barrel and chamber made that was .001" smaller, and name it the Finestein.[/b]
[b]
Since I refer to that witch as Fineswine I think it would have a deeper meaning to name his custom rifle the .499 Fineswine-Finestein.
I NEVER refer to that canine female by her given name. She's Fineswine in my book.

ANTIFA= the SCUM of America

I carry a gun cuz IT'S A GOD GIVEN RIGHT.
New Sheriff in town January 20, 2017 Yehaaaaa
Old December 7th, 2017, 12:01
Executive Member

Icon23 Re: The Absurdity of Massachusetts Gun Laws

Froot-loops are evil. They have that multi colored camouflage so you cannot see them hiding on a table. They are full of that evil assault sugar that drives kids insane. You will never see that on my table. Ban them now. It's for the children.
Have them eat Apple Jacks. They are the lesser of two evils.
Old December 7th, 2017, 14:03
Contributor
Moderator Token Forum Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Devil View Post
The Absurdity of Massachusetts Gun Laws
That's what I say about ALL gun laws!

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.