Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Gun Talk > The Ammo Room

Old January 23rd, 2017, 09:24 PM
Cuss n' Discuss Mod

Icon28 Having sworn a mighty Oath......

Way back in the day, I announced that I wasn't going to leave Wal-Mart without buying ammo, any time I was in there.

I've been pretty well faithful to that. There have been a few times that I actually haven't, but not too many. Worst case, they usually have Tula branded 7.62x39 for about $5 and change a box, or $9.79 for 40 rounds.

Such being the case, I generally always buy something, but there have been more than a few occasions that they had something on special, and I snatched it up.

[img]facepalm[/img]

I've got about a five year backlog of odds and ends stuffed back in my Ammo Closet, which I have been making some effort to get organized again. I went to dig out some 7.62x54r a while back, and had to move about a ton of stuff to get to it and said to myself: "Self, you got to get this mess organized again!"

Whatever. I keep finding stuff. I was in there tonight again, and found four each of 25 round boxes of Remmy Golden Saber .230g HP's that I can almost remember finding on clearance and buying all four of them they had left.

I've still got about five of the medium sized Sterilite bins to go through, and The Lord only knows what else might be in there.

All I know is that none of it is in a caliber that I don't have a weapon to shoot, so I guess it's all good.

I'm not even going to mention the .308 or .30-06 or .30-30. A box or two here and there over four or five years tends to become a fairly large stack of all of the above.

I got to get organized again. [img]facepalm[/img]
Old January 23rd, 2017, 10:27 PM
Executive Member

Default Re: Having sworn a mighty Oath......

You could just send it to me and save the time and effort.

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid
Old January 24th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Executive Member

I was gonna offer my services as well. I have a convenient lockable underground storage thats not near loaded to capacity, I can take at least a ton off your hands, just to ease your organizational efforts.
Old January 24th, 2017, 10:52 PM
Executive Member

Hey, these guys want you to send it to them!!!??? Tell ya what.....If you make it at least a half ton worth, I'll drive up there and pick it up. Whatdaya say? Hey now...it'll save you the cost of shipping it to them other two! !
Old January 25th, 2017, 12:17 AM
Executive Member

"I got to get organized again."

Where do you get that "again" crap. I would never have the audacity to tell a lie like that...I've been unorganized all my life, and I intend to stay that way!
arkyboy
Old January 25th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Executive Member

When they stick me in my casket, there will be something lost, left out, misplaced or in some way fouled up. I've planned on being organized my entire life, ain't never come close to being so. BUT its fun to fantasize!
Old January 26th, 2017, 08:21 PM
Cuss n' Discuss Mod

I'm almost through the third of the five bins. How much 00 Buckshot did I figure I would ever need, anyway?

I know why I was doing it. Back when there were five boxes of pistol ammo on the shelves, they still had Shotgun Shells. So that's what I was buying.

So far, I've got 430 rounds of 00 and 115 rounds of slugs. And I've got two containers to go. I don't think there's anything left in the one I'm working on except 9mm Para and .45 ACP.

Go ahead and laugh. Then go buy ammo a minimum of once, and probably twice or three times a week for eight years, and tell me what you have in hand.

I give up. I only need to even think about buying three calibers for right now.

10mm. Got several pistols for that, and don't have but about 300 rounds per. Shortages need to be fixed that way.

.38 Super . One pistol, and only 330 rounds in hand. I need more of that.

9x18 Makarov. I've got about 2250 rounds of it, but I've got seven handguns that shoot it. Getting a bit thin there.

Anyway, I think that's where I'm at. One can only wonder what I'll dig out next.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 10:38 PM
Executive Member

Icon18 Re: Having sworn a mighty Oath......

You have any 7.62x25 you'd be interested in selling?
Old February 3rd, 2017, 05:24 PM
Executive Member

Jefferson, all these other guys are swell fellows, but I am sweller, so to help you out and to kill two problems with one solution you could let me have that 38 Super and the ammo...Situation resolved.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 05:46 PM
Cuss n' Discuss Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripper View Post
You have any 7.62x25 you'd be interested in selling?
I've probably got a lifetime and a half supply of it, but unless it was an FTF deal?

Shipping it is getting seriously problematic unless you are a dealer. UPS or Fedex are both totally twitchy about it, and USPS is right out. I'd hate to sell something I can't get someone to deliver for me.
Old February 6th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Executive Member

Icon18 Re: Having sworn a mighty Oath......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferson101 View Post
I've probably got a lifetime and a half supply of it, but unless it was an FTF deal?

Shipping it is getting seriously problematic unless you are a dealer. UPS or Fedex are both totally twitchy about it, and USPS is right out. I'd hate to sell something I can't get someone to deliver for me.
Well,if ever we're in each other's AO,send up a flare&pop smoke to mark the LZ.
Old March 18th, 2017, 12:43 AM
Executive Member

Icon36 Re: Having sworn a mighty Oath......

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballmagnet View Post
When they stick me in my casket, there will be something lost, left out, misplaced or in some way fouled up. I've planned on being organized my entire life, ain't never come close to being so. BUT its fun to fantasize!
When they pour me into my powder horn I will be a day late and a dollar short to organizing my goods. A lifetime of accrued man stuff some of which is suitable for framing. Three items already in frames. By weight tools/food stuffs/ammo and other needful things plus stuff if NSA or any of the other feds want to sift thru it they need only step gingerly around the trip wires first. Field and mess gear my truck and small tractor. Some handmade collectibles in wood iron and rawhide and my books.

I carry a gun cuz IT'S A GOD GIVEN RIGHT.

New Sheriff in town January 20, 2017 Yehaaaaa