Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Gun Talk > Mini-14's

Old February 1st, 2017, 06:35 PM

Default Mini 14 supplies

Anyone know of any places that have accessories and such for the Mini? I'm trying to build mine up rather than having to get a different gun.
Old February 5th, 2017, 12:19 AM
Executive Member

Default Re: Mini 14 supplies

http://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearc...temsPerPage=48
and Ebay
How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).
Old February 12th, 2017, 11:02 PM
Executive Member

Default Re: Mini 14 supplies

As in any "build up" modifications of any firearm, be careful that you actually make improvements to make it fit you and not just make it more tacticool. I bought one in the mid 80's and loved it. I put a Choate folding stock on it (+), a muzzle brake (+), a set of Wolff springs (+) since it was a used rifle and I didn't know it's history, a scope (+) and a scope mount that replaced the side spring cover (-), an Israeli type sling system (+) and some spare mags non Ruger since those were very expensive (-).

The two things that were junk were the spare non-Ruger mags and the scope mount. The mags didn't work and the scope mount moved. Do yourself a favor. Stay far away from aftermarket mags and get a scope mount that is the "bridge over" type. It will most likely have to be 'smithed on.

The only problem that I ever had with that rifle besides the crap mags was that it seized up once. I took it out of the case and went to work the bolt but it was very stuck. The gas piston head had corroded to the gas block. Fixing it was easy. For spare parts, get a gas tube for sure. They get lost easy. Other than that, it was a decent rifle.