Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Specialties > Survival, Self-Sufficiency, and Hunting

Old October 13th, 2017, 09:30
Executive Member

Default Disaster Myth Narrative

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...gry-2_10112017

The Disaster Myth is a narrative created by the establishment and delivered by their stoolies in the mainstream media. The Disaster Myth points fingers at many of the things that are commonly believed to be true by the preparedness community. Included in this narrative:

People do not panic after a disaster – instead, they pull together.
The official government response is always speedy and appropriate – unless you are a person of color, in which case you will be denied assistance based on your race, because racism is the current agenda
You will be taken care of if you simply comply peacefully with authorities.
There is little increase in post-disaster crime.
These statements all stand in direct opposition to the stories we hear from news sources during the crisis. We heard terrible stories from eyewitnesses who suffered from hunger, thirst, and unsanitary condition in the Superdome after Katrina. We heard about citizens being robbed of their 2nd Amendment rights by police after the crisis, and we heard about gang rapes, looting, and mayhem. Fast forward to Sandy where people were defecating in the hallways of their high rise apartments and digging through garbage to find food just a few days after the storm. As for the official response, who can forget the FEMA shelter that closed because of inclement weather? Of course, the weather was inclement – it was a freaking weather-related disaster!
“I have a Right to my Life; I have a Right to the Fruits of my Labor. If you concede the principle of the Income Tax, you concede the principle that the government owns ALL your income and permits you to keep a certain percentage of it.”
─Ron Paul, interview by Time on Sep 17, 2009.
Old October 14th, 2017, 19:41

Default Re: Disaster Myth Narrative

True. But what is the story behind the story ? There is always something that reckons back to an equilibrium. Sure as entropy. It is too many people living where people should not live. Just because there is no fear does not mean that millions of people are not skating on thin ice. All of our ancestors recognized the awesome power of the unknown. They knew not to tempt fate.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 16:26
Executive Member

ALONG that idea...
HOW many houses are now in KNOWN flood plains where it floods out regularly every 5-10 years or so?
Why do people keep living there and WHY do they get insurance?

I understand there may be properties from generations of people who have been flooded out several times over a couple hundred years, but WHY do they keep rebuilding and what do the insurance companies allow it?

Just as WHY do we keep throwing money at New Orleans when we know it will sink again when the next hurricane moves in?

Should we not learn something from those events?????
AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.

God carries a 1911.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 19:23
Your Friendly Kraut
Administrator

"But we're gonna rebuild..." is the battle cry from these dimwits. Hard to believe the insurance companies put up with it.

Peace is our Profession, War is just a Hobby...
Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

SAC WILL BE BACK!

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!