Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Gun Talk > The Ammo Room

Old January 5th, 2018, 20:01
Cuss n' Discuss Mod

Default Heads up, people!

According to this:

http://www.akoperatorsunionlocal4774...judgement-day/

We could be seeing an importation ban on Tula Ammunitions at the end of the month. Such being the case, forewarned is forearmed, or at least able to go buy another half dozen boxes or so of whatever it is you shoot in it.

Just so you know...
Old January 6th, 2018, 03:25
Executive Member

Default Re: Heads up, people!

no bueno.
Old January 7th, 2018, 11:39
Veteran Member

I have always thought they won't take the weapons but go for the ammo. I hope they can understand history. Shot and powder was the focus of the empire and it cost them everything.

I can understand blocking communist ammo, why in the world we purchase anything from them is beyond me. Having said that we all know the answer is $. I just purchased some 308 steel case garbage so that makes me part of the problem. I can see a niche market for inexpensive "AMERICAN" made ammo! I'm thinking Winchester steel case that costs less than TULA.

It's going to happen, or many of us will be left with firearms that are too expensive to shoot. Remember the Obama .22lr runs?
Old January 13th, 2018, 12:17
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlock View Post
I have always thought they won't take the weapons but go for the ammo. I hope they can understand history. Shot and powder was the focus of the empire and it cost them everything.

I can understand blocking communist ammo, why in the world we purchase anything from them is beyond me. Having said that we all know the answer is $. I just purchased some 308 steel case garbage so that makes me part of the problem. I can see a niche market for inexpensive "AMERICAN" made ammo! I'm thinking Winchester steel case that costs less than TULA.

It's going to happen, or many of us will be left with firearms that are too expensive to shoot. Remember the Obama .22lr runs?
I heard that the cheap Winchester steel case stuff IS Tula (or one of the other former-CommBloc manufacturers), just private-labeled. Anyway I recall reading that somewhere on the 'net, so it may or may not be true.

When riding a horse, remember that you are not in control, but are just another voting member.
Old January 13th, 2018, 16:22
Veteran Member

I don't think so because TULA is berdan primed. Winchester is boxer primed. It's also 3 $ less than TULA for the same number of shells.

Per the Winchester website - high-quality American-made 9mm ammunition that uses premium Winchester components to provide great performance at a value price - boxer primed NON-Reloadable.
Old January 19th, 2018, 01:03
Executive Member

Icon36 Re: Heads up, people!

I haven't seen anything in this thread about DHS and all the ammo they been buying up since the Kenyan Kid was in but... Something like 350 MILLION ROUNDS of either 9mm or .40 or .45 to pu tpopular calibers out of reach...

I don't member when I decided to stop shooting my guns like I was used to when 22 was drying up. I just member I did and I stopped shooting like 500-1000R of 22 and went to shooting less than 200R of 22. It got to the point I stopped taking my 22s altogether. Last time I went to a pay to shoot range I took my fave 12G and 1 handgun. I paid MORE 4 the so called priveledge of shooting there than it cost me in AMMO to shoot there.

Old January 19th, 2018, 17:33
Veteran Member

I think in 2013 DHS started a mass purchase of 1.6 billion rounds. Mostly hollow point ammo. The ammo import bans started under Bush Target - China. Clinton expanded the ban Norinco by name - they failed to pay him off. (Clinton also got us the AWB). Bush JR allowed that to laps but no action was taken on ammo. Enter the biggest douchebag in history, he "Sanctioned" Russia because they wouldn't buy into the criminal actions his administration was undertaking through the world. March 17, 2014, Barack Obama issued Executive Order 13611 the last military surplus calibers unaffected by previous administrations.

There is hope though, #2 at the ATF thinks these bans do nothing to affect crime and aren't useful as tools to change the hearts and minds of other countries. (Because we are being punished)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...206-story.html

These things can change if we the people get off our status quo and contact our representatives and get them to undo the damage done to this republic by both republicans and democrats. Congress hasn't been involved on many of these attacks against ammo most were done by executive fiat there isn't an actual law banning the importation only red tape and payoffs.

I still think Trump would rather Americans buy American ammo so don't expect much to change, we have allowed these things to take place by inaction.
Old January 19th, 2018, 18:53

If Tula is all we loose, that's not much. I never liked Tula anyway. I'm stocked up & can reload those calibers if necessary. There are a lot more places in this world that sells cheap steel cased ammo.