Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Gun Talk > CMP

Old June 22nd, 2015, 12:51 PM

Default Broken M-1 Stock

Had a garage accident, opened safe door M-1 fell out, I tried to grab it but missed. It hit the lip of the safe and the garage floor and busted the stock. I dam near cried, actually I think I did. This is a Springfield Armory late S/N rifle that I got from CMP. The S/N puts it near the end of production in the 50,s. The handguards are all ok and the functioning pieces are good, just the main stock broke. I did try my hand at repairing and I did get it all back together and it does function with dummy rounds I made up. Whatever the case I do want to get a new stock.

Looking for sources, any help would be appreciated.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 03:20 PM
Banned

Default Re: Broken M-1 Stock

there is no shortage of where you can find Garand stocks, you can buy newly made stock to used stocks by searching the internet. I even will help you out there;

https://www.google.com/#q=m1+garand+stock+for+sale

but, a big word of caution, don't pay a premium for one because it has cartouches, chances is astronomically high that it will be fake cartouches.

if however, you have your heart set on one with cartouches, get a used one with no cartouches for cheap and send it out to this guy, and he'll stamp it on for you. http://www.trfindley.com/pgsnstmpsm1.html because in all likelihood that's what you'll end up buying for a ton of money for one with the cartouches
Old June 23rd, 2015, 01:08 PM

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/ammo-parts-accessories/

If you're near Anniston or Camp Perry the CMP does have USGI wood for sale when it is available.

A Garand stock is designed to buttstroke an enemy soldier repeatedly. Yours must have been ready to go.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 02:32 PM

Thanks for the info, I thought it was somewhat odd that the stock broke just from falling over. It is some 70+ years old so I guess it was it's time.