Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Discussion > General Discussion

Old May 18th, 2017, 15:52
Contributor
Moderator Token Forum Zombie

Talking Nice Motorcycle

The Saddlebags, Not So Much. A Little Overdressed For My Liking

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
Old May 18th, 2017, 16:05
Administrator
Keeper of Ammo

Icon20 Re: Nice Motorcycle

I think I'd be vevvy, vevvy sick![img]facepalm[/img]

USMC 1959/1963
Old May 18th, 2017, 16:08
Executive Member

Default Re: Nice Motorcycle

THAT is what comes from the difference between;

"THINKING" you know everything about your bike
and
"KNOWING" everything about your bike.

Thus endeth the lesson.
AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.

God carries a 1911.
Old May 18th, 2017, 16:40
Contributor

I wonder which front end is messed up the most? The bike or the rider with his face bouncing off the sail spar?
Old May 18th, 2017, 16:45
Executive Member

At least he got a nice boat ride to the hospital.
Old May 19th, 2017, 01:17
Executive Member

Ouch!!! We rebuilt a wrecked bike in tech school where the rider took off with his side stand down. He went for a ways before he went into a left sweeper. It wouldn't have been so bad if it had been a sharper turn because he would have slowed down but it was a sweeper so he was cranking right along. It totaled the bike. The only reason we got it at school is because the insurance company got a tax credit for school donations. The funny thing was: The side stand wasn't hurt at all.
Old May 19th, 2017, 08:42
Executive Member

BEEMERS have stand lockout. THe bike won't run with the side stand down.

Will run on the center stand but not the side stand.
AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.

God carries a 1911.
Old May 19th, 2017, 15:38
Executive Member

Funny they just happen to have a camera perfectly set up to film this in detail. Compared to Bigfoot film quality this almost seems scripted.
Old May 19th, 2017, 15:56
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWCOP View Post

It is now pretty much standard equipment even on the lesser brands, like gasp, shudder, KAWASAKI . I guess it is hard for a Beemer guy to identify a Kaw from so far behind.
Old May 19th, 2017, 16:08
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuznguido View Post
It is now pretty much standard equipment even on the lesser brands, like gasp, shudder, KAWASAKI . I guess it is hard for a Beemer guy to identify a Kaw from so far behind.
NOT "from so far behind"
It just means you have already lapped them and are coming back around again.
Now pull that green POS to the side and let me pass.

God carries a 1911.
Old May 19th, 2017, 16:33
Executive Member

Tis actually blue.
Old May 19th, 2017, 19:30
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWCOP View Post

I have a Buell S1. The side stand switch broke right away. BYPASS that POS!!

Then I have a Honda Valkyrie. The "vacuum" gas petcock failed. So I put a manual petcock on it......

They are trying to Idiot proof everything! "Old school" bikers know the routine.

Get on the Bike, put the side stand up, turn on the gas and start kicking (or push the starter button these days) Do the opposite for stopping........turn the gas off and put side stand down.

I feel sorry for those who don't know the "ancient" ritual for riding a Motorcycle these days.......
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)
Old May 20th, 2017, 00:53
Executive Member

My last bike was a Honda V65 Magna. It was nice but I just never bonded with it. It was fast and smooth but didn't sound right to suit me. The one before that was a Kawasaki Spectre 1100. That was my absolute favorite. Shaft drive, very fast vertical four cylinder engine, very reliable, very smooth and the most comfortable seat that I have ever had the pleasure of riding cross country. It sounded mean and was mean but rode down the road like an easy chair. You sat in that bike, not on it and you could actually sit! You didn't have to lay down on the thing. It looked classy but could run a quarter mile in the 11's.
Old May 20th, 2017, 08:06
Executive Member

FASTEST BIKE I was ever on was a Beemer K bike RS version. It was a dealer loaner while my new bike was getting its 1000 mile teardown inspection(something they do/did on new bikes. After you put 1000 on a new bike they ask you to bring it back so they can go through it and make sure everything it how it should be. )

SO
they toss me the keys to a NEW RS(2300 miles on it) which you ride in the front tuck position.
I get on the Xway and the coast is clear. Now I was riding at 70 and getting beat to death with wind. The little front piece of plastic as a windshield is doing nothing. I get to 100 and MAGIC, all of a sudden I am in a protected bubble. All the air pressure and wind buffeting is GONE.

SO
I am on new pavement and no traffic for a couple of miles in front. I rolled on throttle full and the bike tries to run out from under me. As I go faster I can feel the ground effects pushing the bike down. AS I go through 140 the divider stripes are turning from black and white to gray.
I look down at speedo and see the needle arching through 180 and those cars that were so far away aren't. I come off the throttle and it coasts up to 185 before I start to re-enter the atmosphere and the heat shield takes the burn.(OK just a little exaggeration)

That was as fast as I have run on a bike. Cars about the same.

Many years ago when in drug world and I had my K bike I passed a State Cessna 172 that was doing aircraft speed enforcement on I-75. All the cars that were working the enforcement were already stopped with other vehicles when I passed the plane.

ONe of the BMW ads at the time was "YOU CAN PASS CESSNAS"
I did.

God carries a 1911.
Old May 20th, 2017, 11:39
Executive Member

riding a M-cycle like a bicycle always gets you into trouble.
Old May 20th, 2017, 16:49
Executive Member

I have ridden some seriously fast bikes, including a beemer or two. Still have a couple that are pretty quick, but parked all by itself is a 2012 Kawasaki ZX14R. It redefines quick. I could talk all day and you still would not really get it. If you ever get a chance to ride one, do so. You will then believe.
Old May 20th, 2017, 17:03
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuznguido View Post
I have ridden some seriously fast bikes, including a beemer or two. Still have a couple that are pretty quick, but parked all by itself is a 2012 Kawasaki ZX14R. It redefines quick. I could talk all day and you still would not really get it. If you ever get a chance to ride one, do so. You will then believe.
I have been a Biker my whole life. They make bikes today, that I would actually be afraid to ride.....

Full size crotch rockets weigh now, what a 250 trail bike weighed back in the 70's. With about 17 horsepower........

The rockets today have about 170 horsepower!!! In a chassis that weighs the same!!!

How do you even hang ON to something like that? The front wheel must NEVER touch the ground!!!!
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)
Old May 20th, 2017, 17:44
Executive Member

Actually my ZX14 is about three inches longer than usual crotch rockets. It has 208 HP and the electronics will not let it go past 185 which it reaches REALLY quickly. Those same electronics are selectable to control wheelies etc. Believe it or not it is the easiest to ride and smoothest bike I have ridden. Ride it a while and get off and climb on my Dyna Lowrider and it feels like a truck with no brakes.
Old May 21st, 2017, 13:09
Executive Member

GO FAST bikes, like the K I had are amazing in the feeling of total control you have of your world.
I would be running at 100+ and it would feel like 60 if you were on a different bike.
BMW has an anti-lock brake system that has to be tried to be believed.
ANY bike before you get too heavy on the rear brake and she would start to slide.
The Beemer just give the brakes all you can and you may get thrown over the bars but you will do it in a straight line.:facepalm:

As far as tracking and handling, the bike will do anything you want to try. Go so deep into a turn you scruff your pegs then take it deeper and your pants get dirty but it keeps on the rubber.

Riding the Dragon at Deals Gap I have actually gone down to the pegs on the GS and carried on.. and if you had any idea how the GS was set up you would really find that impressive.

God carries a 1911.
Old May 21st, 2017, 13:24
Executive Member

Back in the early 90's I bought a V45 Magna, Most couldn't tell it wasn't a Harley. One fast bike, blistering acceleration...never should have sold it. Had a Harley later, never did like it much so I sold it.
Been getting the itch to buy another.