Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Gun Talk > Rimfire and Blackpowder

Old December 17th, 2013, 17:28

Default CMP .22 LR Ammunition News

I will also cross-post this under the CMP Forum.

It does NOT look good for the near term re-supply of Aguila...a pretty decent grade of ammo IMO. I like both the standard and high-velocity flavors.

AMMUNITION UPDATE. The CMP has been notified by ammunition manufacturers and distributors to expect price increases and significant delivery delays for all calibers of ammunition, especially for .22 rimfire. The price increases and delays apply to orders we have already placed with the manufacturers. Prior to 2013 CMP received deliveries of truckloads of ammo within a few weeks of placing orders. We are now being advised, as in the case of Aguila .22, that it may take several years to receive all of the 35,000,000 rounds of Aguila ammo we have on order.

As a result of this situation, CMP has placed orders with several different manufacturers for large amounts of ammunition in various calibers. We expect to receive only a few pallets at a time because manufacturers and distributors are rationing the ammo to their customers. As we receive ammo, we will contact customers with oldest orders already in place with the option to purchase whatever we receive at the new prices, cancel the order, or remain on the list for the manufacturer they originally requested. All price increases to CMP will be passed on to the customer. CMP will not be profiting from the increase in prices.

We will continue to accept orders for ammunition, with the understanding that the wait time for customers between placing an order and receiving the ammunition may be anywhere from a few weeks to a few years. Most other retailers are in the same situation as the CMP. We suggest that customers leave their CMP orders in place and not cancel until they are able to purchase ammo elsewhere. CMP customers will be contacted as to pricing and manufacturer before any orders are filled. We do not expect to have any additional information until after the annual SHOT Show in mid January, when we will meet with all of the ammo manufacturers.
Old December 17th, 2013, 22:15
Executive Member

Question Re: CMP .22 LR Ammunition News

Where is it all going? I saw something about the ammo companies producing night and day but just can't keep up.
Old December 18th, 2013, 01:35

Default Re: CMP .22 LR Ammunition News

hundreds of thousands of people are into prepping that never were before. Anyone with any knowledge of history and economics realizes that we are on an unsustainable path and a collapse is imminent. .22lr is going to be the new medium of barter, wealth retention, and a currency of practical use.

If TSHTF and the dollar is worthless, who wants a 1 ounce gold coin? Lots of folks I imagine, but can you buy a chicken with it? As long as you don't mind cutting a piece of it off or something, but what are you going to get as change?

.22 ammo has a value that is as near to being universal amongst shooters as you can find.

Around here there are groups of men that meet at te walmart every Tuesday when the trucks come in and drink coffee, waiting to see if any ammo came in. Istead of investing in the stock market or buying gold (over priced now) they're buying ammo and guns.

I'm sure there are quite a few new shooters learning and practicing with their new guns, but the biggest impact on ammo cost is hoarding.
Old December 21st, 2013, 19:14

Default Re: CMP .22 LR Ammunition News

At Cabelas the other day I saw an entire shelf of 7.62 Nagant! As many gas seal revolvers that got sold for $100 I would think the collectors would be buying up that stuff as fast as it hit the shelves. There were cases of Federal .308 and 7.5 Swiss and every bullet weight and type and brand of .223 under the sun. All at prices that could be described as almost reasonable. But, not one round of .22 LR in the store. Not one.

No panic on any of the centerfire stuff. No fights in the aisles and only a few of us were actually putting any ammo in our shopping carts. Weird?

Cabelas did have 'some' .22 LR the week before, but with a 3-box limit (150 rounds per customer) I can't see much hoarding possible. Our local Wally World's have the same 3-box limit.

Well, if .22 LR ever becomes currency, I'm a millionaire!

Last edited by CAMPYBOB; December 21st, 2013 at 20:07.
Old November 18th, 2014, 14:46
Executive Member

Icon49 Re: CMP .22 LR Ammunition News

When I see CMP I am thinking the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Is that correct? I'd heard there was no more 22 ammo available thru CMP.

I've bought that Aguila ammo I'd guesstimate at 15-20 years and never had a problem with it. I would probably still buy it if I could get it at pre rape me prices. In the last 3 years say I have acquired some exactly 2 times. Once I paid figuring in gas and sales tax it was 10-11 cents a round. I won't do that again. TBT I just don't shop there anymore.

Now if say I were to get LUCKY and CMP had some 22 could I reasonably expect HP and high velocity or standard velocity solid nose and standard cases of 5,000R each?

What might the price be +shipping+HAZ MAT FEE?

ANTIFA= the SCUM of America

I carry a gun cuz IT'S A GOD GIVEN RIGHT.
New Sheriff in town January 20, 2017 Yehaaaaa