Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Gun Talk > NFA - Class III Toys

Old May 10th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Executive Member

Default Ruger suppressed take down .22lr

http://www.ruger.com/micros/silent-sr-ISB/index.html

It's an integrally suppressed barrel for the Ruger 10/22 Takedown (which lets you change the barrel). To me, this makes a lot more sense than the integrally suppressed 10/22 that Ruger announced previously. With this item, the customer can buy the rifle, and then do the paperwork for NFA and get the extra barrel with suppressor at a later date. It will require the customer to buy 2 barrels, but then the customer gets 2 barrels.... and I doubt many NFA purchasers are going to worry about the cost of a 10/22 barrel anyway. Having the option of using either barrel definitely seems worth it, and adds substantially to the "cool" factor.
How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).
Old May 14th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Executive Member

Default Re: Ruger suppressed take down .22lr

Gemtech makes an integrated suppressor for the 10/22 and 10/22 takedown called Mist. I have one for the regular 10/22 and like it. My takedown 10/22 is threaded and I keep a suppressor in the bag for it.