Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Gun Talk > CQB

Old October 31st, 2017, 21:04
Executive Member

Default Re: Knife fighting or Tool comments

I worked as a street cops for years, trust me on this... EITHER end of that thing will take out auto glass along with the "knuckles".

You can actually take out side windows with your keys if you can hold them tight enough.
All you have to do is break the tension on the skin of the glass and the glass will do the rest. That is why most of us carried spring loaded center punches as belt equipment. Break the tension and the whole thing goes.
AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.

God carries a 1911.
Old November 1st, 2017, 22:46
Executive Member

Icon18 Re: Knife fighting or Tool comments

Would it be possible to dremel out that divider bar in the D guard-the one that divides your grip -without weakening the construction? I'd prefer NOT having that bar between my middle and ring finger,and I suspect that grip change transitions would be smoother and surer under stress.
Old November 4th, 2017, 22:39
Executive Member

Default Re: Knife fighting or Tool comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripper View Post
Would it be possible to dremel out that divider bar in the D guard-the one that divides your grip -without weakening the construction? I'd prefer NOT having that bar between my middle and ring finger,and I suspect that grip change transitions would be smoother and surer under stress.
THere is a lot of stock in the grip so if you thought it necessary you could probably remove the center post without too much weakening of the guard. (I just went and grabbed it to take a better look. It is in my hand right now)

I actually think you would have a stronger grip on it and have more support leaving it in place as it keeps your fingers from collapsing down onto each other in a hard strike, but that is just my thinking.

I have a pretty big hand and I usually have to build out grips on knives I get with paracord to get the size/feel that is filling and comfortable. The Chaos fits fairly well. It could have a little more swell in the grip but I can live with it the way it is. The handle is aluminum so what strength is left after milling/cutting the center I have no clue but as I said it is a fairly substantial piece of metal.

The sheath is fairly secure and swings both ways...(Rt or LFT with just a few screws) but it is a little noisy on the pull unless you take it very slow since it is formed plastic of some kind. THe sheath loop itself is also both velcro and snap so you don't have to take a bunch of things on and off the belt to get it on.

Along with the other loops on the sheath if you can't find a place for it you have bigger problems than whether or not the grip needs to be opened up.
AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.

God carries a 1911.