Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Specialties > Tactics and Strategies

Old November 18th, 2012, 21:53
Executive Member

Default Re: What use is a bayonet?

ABOVE and beyond all of what has been posted, it has psychological value far beyond its reach or value just by being there.
At some point in their lives, EVERYBODY has been CUT,
not everybody has been shot.
They do NOT want to get cut again.
AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.

God carries a 1911.
Old December 25th, 2014, 13:42

Call me Bayonet Guy.

When confronted with 6 unarmed crazies one will be crazy enough to charge you even if you're armed, once they've worked themselves up. Odds are one will reach you.

With your friend Mr. Bayonet (especially a long spiky one) it is possible to put said crazies to flight with a few aggressive stabs below the waist (thigh, crotch, belly button).

As they flee give one a round in the dooky hole.

I make a point of carrying a rifle in my trunk. What if the shtf while you're at Homedepot and you have to drive 20 miles home through GKW? What if they are stopping vehicles and impounding weapons?

I don't want them taking one of my first line rifles, and I wouldn't leave one in my trunk - so this trunk gun is a cheap military bolt with a bayonet. If the 20 rounds I stow with it go bad I still have the pigsticker.
Old October 2nd, 2017, 17:43
Executive Member

IF you swap out the Bayonet for a good up close and personal knife there are lots of reasons and uses.
Most of the bayonets I have ever handled or used just didn't have the blade quality for what I considered my missions to be. The grind was wrong, the steel wasn't up to par and the balance sucked.

Yeah, you could stick someone with one but not as effectively or efficiently as some other choices.

But in a balls to the wall hand to hand live or die I would find a way to stick and kill you with a rat or a sand bag.
AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.

God carries a 1911.
Old October 2nd, 2017, 19:32
Executive Member

Icon36 Re: What use is a bayonet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWCOP View Post
IF you swap out the Bayonet for a good up close and personal knife there are lots of reasons and uses.
Most of the bayonets I have ever handled or used just didn't have the blade quality for what I considered my missions to be. The grind was wrong, the steel wasn't up to par and the balance sucked.

Yeah, you could stick someone with one but not as effectively or efficiently as some other choices.

But in a balls to the wall hand to hand live or die I would find a way to stick and kill you with a rat or a sand bag.
:rofl:
Winner Winner CHICKEN DINNER

That's my ideer of the Right Answer LC

I carry a gun cuz IT'S A GOD GIVEN RIGHT.

New Sheriff in town January 20, 2017 Yehaaaaa
Old October 2nd, 2017, 20:43
Executive Member

Icon36 Re: What use is a bayonet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF Mike View Post
You don't own a piece of ground unless there is an 18-year old with a fixed bayonet standing on it.
So I'm having sum kick ass supper when low and behold I discover this thread reaches back to 2014.

Yozaaaaaaaa

I carry a gun cuz IT'S A GOD GIVEN RIGHT.

New Sheriff in town January 20, 2017 Yehaaaaa