Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Gun Talk > AK and SKS

Old October 8th, 2017, 12:48
Executive Member

Default Galil ACE in .308

I haven't heard much about the Galil ACE in .308.

I see that CDNN has them in the sub $1700 price range. That's still very expensive for an AK, but it is a GALIL after all.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/iwi-galil...l#.WdpIYjBrzb0

thoughts?
How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).
Old October 8th, 2017, 19:15
Executive Member

Icon18 Re: Galil ACE in .308

I would like them to offer a 20 inch barrel option in .308...7.62x39 is efficient in the shorter barrels but a 7.62x51 in anything under 18-20 seems like more flash than bang.
I WOULD like to lay hands on their 7.62x39 weapons as either a 16 inch carbine or a 10.5 inch pistol,but so far I am batting zero.
Old October 8th, 2017, 22:53
Executive Member

Default Re: Galil ACE in .308

Yeah 18.5" is a minimum for .308, I agree. They should do a repeat of the old "sniper" .308 Galil. That would be popular, I suspect.

New options are being added each year though, so it is possible.

This year they added 5.56mm models. That's probably the one I'd buy, although the 7.62x39mm models are tempting too, especially the pistol version. Prices are gradually going down somewhat (although still high).
How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).
Old October 9th, 2017, 09:52
Executive Member

Icon18 Re: Galil ACE in .308

If they could step up production for the US market without compromising QC and do more options, I agree it would be great. Especially with the sanctions against Russia and Century milking their exclusive importer agreement with Cugir....yeah,a sniper or a reboot of the old Hadar would be great-especially with the old Nimrod optics.
Old October 9th, 2017, 23:05
Executive Member

Default Re: Galil ACE in .308

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripper View Post
If they could step up production for the US market without compromising QC and do more options, I agree it would be great. Especially with the sanctions against Russia and Century milking their exclusive importer agreement with Cugir....yeah,a sniper or a reboot of the old Hadar would be great-especially with the old Nimrod optics.
The original Hadar had an 18.5" barrel which is the sweet spot for .308. I'd definitely like that.