Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Specialties > For Sale

Old November 25th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Veteran Member

Default Looking for a Ruger 10/22 Receiver

I have a barrel and stock. I am looking for a 10/22 receiver and trigger group. Anybody got one laying around for sale? Just PM me here. Thanks!
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Executive Member

Default Re: Looking for a Ruger 10/22 Receiver

http://www.tacticalinc.com/1022-c-111_385.html
Old November 26th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Executive Member

I'm working on a integral suppressed 10/22 project. All I wanted was a stainless receiver. Easiest/cheapest/quickest way for me was to buy a 10/22T & then sell the new barrel, trigger group, & stock as a set on eBay. Net was about $80 for the stainless receiver & magazine.

-- Benjamin Franklin
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member

See the problem is I can buy a whole new gun at $179.99 and go used at $150. I just figured I had the parts maybe I'd do something with em but.... well, you get the point.
Old November 28th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Executive Member

Nobody parts out the gun like that since everyone knows the way to do it is that it is cheaper to get a whole new gun for a project than it is to buy one in pieces. That's why the whole 80% thing never worked out very well in the 10/22 platform, even though they exist in 80% form, you still need to find a donor gun somewhere for the bolt and trigger group, since a bolt and trigger group alone cost more than a used rifle of the same design.

CMVs solution is the most sensible of the bunch if you are looking for a cost effective way to fund a custom rifle cheap.

One of the better uses of spare parts like a barrel and some AR internals laying around is just building a new design rifle from scratch, or copying something like the XC 220 of the 1980s.

Pretty standard AR trigger group parts in a welded sheet steel lower, tube steel upper. I think the magazines were compatible with the PPS-50 but am not sure, but I remember they had been relatively cheap. A newer design could use either 10/22 mags or possibly even .22 lr AR mags. The XC220 used an AR grip and their own stock assembly, but in reality the dirt simple design could also make pretty good useful of any number of stock designs, including a TAPCO sidefolder

Custom fabrication would be needed for the bolt, probably some magwell parts, sheet metal components, the barrel options are plenty, as there are a lot of things that can be done to fit a surplus 10/22 barrel, including just welding or pinning it into a trunion, especially if it is just getting attached to regular steel since that whole wedge assembly thingy that Ruger used was mainly to deal with the fact that they were attaching a steel barrel to an aluminum receiver.
Old November 28th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Veteran Member

I recently aquired a Chiappa m-4 22lr. What an awesome little rifle. It eats 22s faster than anything else I have ever owned.

I have decided to give the 10/22 barrel to a close friend who needs to replace one.