Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Specialties > Tactics and Strategies

Old March 16th, 2012, 08:37 PM

Default Physical Fitness

Do any of you use P90x? I just started the series this week and can tell a drop in strength. Normally I start the day with a quick run on the treadmill and usually manage around 500-600 pushups a day. In the evenings I like to hit the free weights and bowflex and sometimes get in another run. Just wondering if anyone has substituted benchpress and flyes for the chest workout and what kind of results you got.
Thanks.
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Executive Member

Default Re: Physical Fitness

Hey SB,
I got through 60 days of it before life changed and I was no longer able to fit it onto my schedule. It took me a month before I could get all the way through plyo! The only thing I substituted was Kung Fu for Karate during the cardio portion because, well, I think Karate is gay. Other than that, I stuck to the program plus some running, mtn climbing and cycling. It seems the system Tony has created, muscle confusion, works rather well. If you are following what he has directed it should work well. I'm not sure about substituting in flys and chest since the exercised he has are specifically targeted to certain muscles so everything is covered.

Honestly, whatever works for you is the way to go. I don't think I was 30 days away from being cut up like the people on the infomercial but I definitely felt a difference. I'm rather fit as it is though.

You can't spell MEAN without ME!
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:48 PM

AKrazy, thanks for the info. You're right about the plyo, it is kickin' my butt!! I think I'll stick to the program as is except for the pushups and use a weight vest for those. Anyway I'll post my results after the 90 days.
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Executive Member

Love P90X, it's great. I did it for about 2 years.. lost 36 pounds. Still working out, but now doing Insanity and the Sparticus workout 5 days aweek in mixed combinations with an occational Tony Horton one on one workout thrown in. I've completly changed the way I eat and look at food as well.

Bring it!
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Executive Member

Icon18 Re: Physical Fitness

I just keep it simple.Each day either run outdoors(35-60 minutes at a good pace) or hit the stepmill or the crosstrainer in the gym for cardio(20-40 minutes), followed by strength & flexibility work( for me these days, thats bridging drills, PT, bodyweight exercises.....what I jokingly call " White Trash Yoga".
I will probably get back into heavy iron as the spirit moves me.
Old April 29th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Executive Member

I've started walking/ruck marching now that the snow is gone, I try to walk/march 10 miles two times a week, last Friday I had a 35 pound pack on to keep me company