Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Specialties > Field Medicine

Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Executive Member

Location: Lower Upstate, NY U.S.A....If we could, we would cut NYC loose and let it float out to sea!
Icon44 Universal Hepititis Vaccine

Doctor who discovered hepatitis C creates universal vaccine to prevent liver disease that kills 15,000 a year in the U.S. Up to 30 per cent of hepatitis C sufferers develop liver disease
More people died as a result of hepatitis

KNOW YOUR HEPATITIS A, B AND C
Hepatitis literally means the inflammation of the liver. It is usually caused by a virus, although alcohol excess can also be to blame.

The most common types of liver inflammation and infection are Hepatitis A, B and C...
Hepatitis A is spread by eating contaminated food or drinking water. It's most common in countries with poor hygiene standards. There is a vaccine.

Hepatitis B is usually passed on by exposure to infected blood. In developing countries it is mostly passed from mother to baby. In developed countries it's spread through sex and sharing drug needles.

It is 100 times more infectious than HIV, yet there is a vaccine to prevent infection.

Hepatitis C is also a ‘blood borne’ virus. It can be passed on through sexual contact but is most commonly shared through sharing drug needles. There is no vaccine.

Most people recover from hepatitis A with no lasting liver damage but B and C can cause long term liver disease, leading to cirrhosis and even liver cancer. In many cases there are no early warning symptoms until liver damage is advanced.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...g-disease.html
Old March 17th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Executive Member

Default Re: Universal Hepititis Vaccine

IMHO, the development of a universal Hepititis vaccine sounds promising; Lasergunner. Instead of having three separate injections, there's one injection that protects you from all three strains of Hepititis.

Last edited by Roughneck Jase; March 22nd, 2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 07:27 AM
Executive Member

Soon after becoming a nurse, my ex was exposed to one type of hepititus, we both ahd to take a couple injections of Gammaglobulin, I guess to prevent coming down with the disease. I do know one thing, that stuff made me feel 10 years younger for a few days!

Careful who you kick on your way up, they'll kick you twice on your way down!
Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:03 AM
Contributor

The Hep B vaccine is quite dangerous, even for adults. Why do they give it to newborns?
“I have a Right to my Life; I have a Right to the Fruits of my Labor. If you concede the principle of the Income Tax, you concede the principle that the government owns ALL your income and permits you to keep a certain percentage of it.”
─Ron Paul, interview by Time on Sep 17, 2009.