Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > International Chapters > Australia

Old March 17th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Executive Member

Default 2012 Queensland State Elections

G'day everybody!

As many of you may or may not know, campaigning for the upcoming Queensland State Elections are in full swing and the mud-flinging between current QLD premier Anna Bligh of the Australian Labor Party and Campbell Newman of the Liberal National Party has begun in earnest.

As a resident of the state of Queensland, I not going to vote for either the LNP or ALP. Instead, I'm going to vote for Katter's Australian Party when 24th March comes around. At least Katter's Australian Party is a better alternative than the two major parties and the Greens.

Last edited by Roughneck Jase; March 21st, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:03 PM

Icon25 Re: 2012 Queensland State Elections

RNJ they are treating Bob Katter like Pauline Hanson and thus I fear the same result....persecution by the media and legal charges...

However he does have a sense of humour and is far smarter!

This is his latest "Advert"...enjoy!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entert...-1226305422162
Old March 21st, 2012, 09:19 PM
Executive Member

Default Re: 2012 Queensland State Elections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bunny View Post
RNJ they are treating Bob Katter like Pauline Hanson and thus I fear the same result....persecution by the media and legal charges...

However he does have a sense of humour and is far smarter!

This is his latest "Advert"...enjoy!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entert...-1226305422162
Big Bunny,

From what I've heard from many people I know, there's a growing number of Queenslanders who are going to support and vote for Katter's Australian Party come Election Day this Saturday. It seems that the recent antics of the ALP and the LNP are leaving many people disillusioned.

I would be surprised if KAP won a large number of seats in the Election. If that happened, I would be very happy .

P.S. Big Bunny. Don't forget about KAP's Firearms Policy in which they support seeing all Category C firearms e.g. .22RF semi-auto rifles, 5-shot semi-auto shotguns, and 5-shot pump-action shotguns being moved to Category A/B.

Last edited by Roughneck Jase; March 21st, 2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Executive Member

As many of you may or may not know, Campbell Newman and the Liberal National Party have been voted into power with a very large majority of 78 seats. On the other hand, the Australian Labor Party has been reduced in numbers to an opposition of 7 seats. In regards to Katter's Australian Party, the party has picked up 2 seats (which is not bad for its first election).

If you want to know more, check out this link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queensl...election,_2012

All I have to say is that the results of this election are concerning (especially to all QLD LAFOs as the LNP has voted for and supported the ALP's most recent amendment to the 1990 Weapons Act and the LNP shows no sign in toning down their hostility towards LAFOs). IMHO, its time for all QLD LAFOs to be ready to fight Campbell Newman and his ilk if (and when) they come after us.

Last edited by Roughneck Jase; March 27th, 2012 at 04:29 AM.
Old March 30th, 2012, 09:04 PM

Icon49 Re: 2012 Queensland State Elections

I guess we will have to wait and see RNJ.

I really hope Qld does not follow NSW.This a huge majorityand without a Lower House of Parliament in Qld (unlike NSW, where we have the SFP with two MPs there as a balance) it really means they can do anything they like from now on. Scary stuff eh!

Security inspections in NSW for firearm safes, especially over the usual categories A&B (C, D and H) are really getting too strict here now with civillian police at FAR (Police Firearms Registry at Mur'bah, NSW) making up new "regulations" and "interpretations" of the 1996 NFA' [it seems] every few months. Syndey crime is to blame we are told ....but we are about 700Km away from them!

Do hope QLD escapes this sort of anti-firearm-owner persecution for purely political kudos and the media-cycle.

At least you only have few Greens to worry about....

Like a dozen of ours up there ?

Last edited by Big Bunny; March 30th, 2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old April 1st, 2012, 01:13 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bunny View Post
I guess we will have to wait and see RNJ.

I really hope Qld does not follow NSW.This a huge majorityand without a Lower House of Parliament in Qld (unlike NSW, where we have the SFP with two MPs there as a balance) it really means they can do anything they like from now on. Scary stuff eh!

Security inspections in NSW for firearm safes, especially over the usual categories A&B (C, D and H) are really getting too strict here now with civillian police at FAR (Police Firearms Registry at Mur'bah, NSW) making up new "regulations" and "interpretations" of the 1996 NFA' [it seems] every few months. Syndey crime is to blame we are told ....but we are about 700Km away from them!

Do hope QLD escapes this sort of anti-firearm-owner persecution for purely political kudos and the media-cycle.

At least you only have few Greens to worry about....

Like a dozen of ours up there ?
Technically, Queensland doesn't have an UPPER House; Big Bunny (that was voted and legislated out of existence in the 1920s by the ALP). Also, the Greens were wiped out in the recent State Election so we don't have to worry about them.

Since the Liberals pioneered the collective curb-stomping of LAFOs in Australia since 1996, it is inevitable that Campbell Newman and his ilk will continue this tradition John Howard started 16 years ago.

In addition, here's what the guys over on Shooting.com.au are saying about the LNP's victory last Saturday and what they think about the LNP's current actions...

http://www.shooting.com.au/forum/ind...s-a-bloodbath/

http://www.shooting.com.au/forum/ind...s-gravy-train/

http://www.shooting.com.au/forum/ind...in-queensland/

Last edited by Roughneck Jase; April 1st, 2012 at 01:15 AM.