Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Gun Talk > AR and M Series

Old March 19th, 2012, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Well, It's Starting Again

No one is saying prices from 8 years ago will return. What I am saying is that it's much better NOW than it was when Hussein was coronated. There were WASR 10 AK's selling for $850.00 during the Winter of 2009. People panicked and thought the world was coming to an end.

It was much the same after the Assault Weapons Ban was passed in 1994. You had idiots lining up to pay $110.00 each for Hi-Cap Glock mags, and thousands for "pre ban" AR-15's. Now both are everywhere, and have been for years. The bottom line is people over react, and it winds up costing everyone money because of it.
Old March 19th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Executive Member

Why's that? Just don't like it anymore?

Fun rainy day project for me A little here & there & the ammo starts piling up! Then I go the the range & it dwindles down, but it's a fun part of shooting that I wish I'd have gotten into earlier.

Around here used reloading stuff is in demand. It goes on craigslist pretty quick - if some do-gooder doesn't flag it first.

-- Benjamin Franklin
Old March 19th, 2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMV View Post
Around here used reloading stuff is in demand. It goes on craigslist pretty quick - if some do-gooder doesn't flag it first.
Is selling reloading equipment banned on Craigs List?
Old March 19th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Executive Member

I see your point Bill. Those guys were hedging that the AWB would stay around & not sunset. It could have easily gone the other way.

Look at what a $450 M16 would cost you to buy today - $15k+ due to the change in law in '86. People would have been viewed as idiots for paying $1500 for them in '86 but those same idiots are geniuses today.

What if the AWB never went away? How much would that Glock mag be worth today?

I can't predict the future - wish I could so I'd know what tomorrow's powerball numbers will be! I'm no Obama fan and think he's a horrible leader, but he is a good politician. He's left guns alone, but after November when he has nothing to lose I think we'll see him get aggressive. I don't think anything that comes from this Republican 3-ring circus going on right now is going to beat him and will only make sitting republicans lose their seats. Look at the FOPA from 1986 - with a Republican president and house - senate was majority democrat - and how that managed to get turned around to make things worse overall. I really don't like where things may be headed in several months and the time that follows.

In 1994 with a democrat president and majority in the house & senate we got the Brady bill & AWB. They felt pretty sure of themselves after Clinton's 2nd term and went after guns aggressively. Resulted in lots of them getting the boot the next month, but I can see history repeating itself with this bunch.

It wouldn't take much. No importation of ammunition. No importation of firearms of any kind. Tax on ammunition. Tax on firearms. Red tape nightmare - imagine the form-4 process for any firearm. Serialized bullets. Lots of things they could do & probably get by with to make it very difficult to enjoy the shooting sports. Any one of those would have a very negative effect on prices and availability.

-- Benjamin Franklin
Old March 19th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Is selling reloading equipment banned on Craigs List?
As far as I know it is not. Firearms & ammo are banned, but some do-gooder always seems to flag other stuff that is related but not specifically banned.

I had a WTB 1x fired brass ad that I reposted several times & it kept getting flagged. I went as far as to add a disclaimer that what I was after was not loaded or live ammunition, completely benign & harmless, within the rules, etc, & it still got flagged.

I'm not sure exactly how the process works, but no live person reviews it. If a posting gets X number of flags, it gets removed. If X flags all come from the same IP address I don't know if that will still get it pulled, but I've had stuff pulled pretty quick.

My last motorcycle ad got flagged a bunch of times too. Maybe someone thought it was a scam even though I was local and had contact info posted. I think there are self-appointed "craigslist police" that have nothing better to do than surf CL and flag stuff they don't like.

-- Benjamin Franklin
Old March 19th, 2012, 03:37 PM

I don't play a value game with things made valuable because of a law. Laws can change. We saw it with the AWB. I'm not saying you'll be seeing machine guns for sale in hardware stores anytime soon. With that said there is no way I would pay $15K for a gun because of a $35.00 trigger sear. If it was a rare engraved Colt, or Winchester, then perhaps. It's rarity will stay for certain. But not because a government won't "let you" buy it. Red tape isn't worth money. At least not to me.
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Contributor

While I distrust our government, I REALLY do NOT TRUST the UN. Thing is this bunch in DC LOVES the UN and everything it wants. Prime example is the UN treaty Obamanation and Hitlery BOTH want to sign and ram down our throats.

It is a simple thing that completely does away with our 2nd admendment rights and totally bans private gun ownership.

Will it ever go thru? I have NO idea, but I want to be ready in case I need to fight to keep mine. I will not last long, but I will take time to strongly 'discuss' it with whoever is stupid enough to try and take them away from me.
Old March 31st, 2012, 11:17 PM
Cuss n' Discuss Mod

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm putting everything that I can afford away. Primers, powder, bullets, and whatever. Loaded ammo when I don't have something else in mind.

A pound of rifle powder will load about 160 rounds, give or take. So if I buy another thousand bullets, and another thousand primers, I need about 6 pounds of powder. Most of what I'm loading for is 4064, 4895, or some Varget for the .308, but I'd rather use 4064, if I have enough of it.

I can get good loads for anything out of 4064, but some of my stuff shoots better with 4895, notable the K31's and the 54r. I can load most all of my 7.62x51 with almost anything, but I'd prefer to have something that I've become familiar with.

Just buy more. I'll leave pistol powder, primers, and bullets to my heirs. Rifle ammo, though? I still need more for that stuff. Lots more!

If things get rough, the Rifle stuff is going to be a lot more useful than the pistol stuff is.

'nough said on that one.

Old April 20th, 2012, 03:21 PM
36th TFW Bitburg, Germany

Pretty much agree with most posted on this.

Yep, a lot of it is fear based, speculation and, other issues.

Been said many times, buy with as little paper trail as you can, and if paper is involved, the best color is green.

Publius Cornelius Tacitus
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:03 PM
Executive Member

Went to Georga Arms and asked about a 70 gr SP that they used to make...it was very accurate out of my national match AR.....they can't seem to build many types of ammo due to no components
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:37 PM
tiller

Toilet paper degrades. There's really no reason to stock up much on rifle ammo. If you are HITTING, there will be lots of 223 ammo lying around to be picked up, if shtf. The NG and active armories don't have a single rd of AK ammo, and almost none of the 308 is match grade. :-) So it's not going to "outreach" 223 any. The acceptance figures for 308 ball ammo are 3" groups at 100 yds. That translates into lots of missing of a man's torso at 500 yds, even if your group is centered on the target.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Contributor

Well look what POS floated to the surface again.

Good to be out of prison again Kid? Don't worry I have confidence that you will be back and seeing your BOYFRIEND again. Take that 'WITCH'!
Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:45 PM
Cuss n' Discuss Mod

Where are you going to get a rifle, Melvin?

You are going to have to steal one, because you can't buy it legally. Be careful about being caught with one, too. The words "prohibited person" come to mind here.

I've been wondering when you'd get back out and come annoy us again.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:28 AM

What's with the last 2 posts? Were they aimed at "tiller"?
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:10 AM
Cuss n' Discuss Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
What's with the last 2 posts? Were they aimed at "tiller"?

Yep. "tiller" is the latest incarnation of GunKid, who is obviously out of the custody of your friendly neighborhood Feds, and hasn't learned a thing. You would think he'd have learned a trade while inside that would keep him busy.

But apparently, checking his latest batch of Pruno doesn't keep him busy enough, so he comes around here and irritates people.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:47 PM

You IDIOTS!!!

You banned him BEFORE the awesome advice we could have been given!!!

Now where are we going to get all those insane stories?

Dangit! My wheelbarrow needs a wheel bearing rebuild and I haven't yet learned the tactical way of doing it under fire!!!

This really cheese me off!

Un-ban him this moment! You know he won't be on the outside very long and there's precious little time to learn how to replenish the TP supplies!

This is just awful news!
Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM

What was he in jail for?
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:28 AM

Read:

http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/sho...ghlight=gunkid

and

http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/sho...ghlight=gunkid
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:03 AM

Interesting. Sounds like a real POS. Will more than likely hold a high position in the Obama Administration. He certainly qualifies for it.
Old April 24th, 2012, 01:55 PM

Gunkid is certifiable.

He would be regarded a troll, only, if it were not for his real life stupidity.

Only such a doofus would point out that "toilet paper degrades".

Debarked Chihuahuas and wheelbarrows aside...he's nucking futz.