Support this site with your Contribution. Click on the Membership link below.
Home | Discussion Forums | Mission Statement | Membership | Links | Contact Us | Rules |

Assaultweb.net Forums  

Go Back   Assaultweb.net Forums > Gun Talk > Pistols and Revolvers

Old February 19th, 2011, 10:22 AM
TM111

Default Does anyone own a PPS-43 pistol?

I've been looking at a PPS-43 pistol, centerfire has them for 400 bucks, and I was wondering if anyone here has one of these and if so how does it shoot, handle, reliability of it, etc.Thanks for any info..TM
Old February 19th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Executive Member

Icon18 Re: Does anyone own a PPS-43 pistol?

Get it...I want one myself(either to SBR or rig a single point "bungie sling")...built all by Radom,its cheap to shoot,effctive calber and bone deep reliable-in fact I am torn between tjat,a Draco or another AK if/when I succeed in court.
Old February 19th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Executive Member

Default Re: Does anyone own a PPS-43 pistol?

I was looking at one of those too. I read up on some reviews on the PPS-43 pistol. Owners are reporting feeding problems. Double feeds, and failure to fire. There was some problem with the converting the bolts to fire from the closed bolt position. Supposedly that has been resolved. Supposedly.

It may be something to do with people using older surplus Yugoslav ammo. Ammo with hard primers, etc. At $400, I guess you cannot get hit too bad.

Zombies man...they creep me out. - Dennis Hopper
Old February 20th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Executive Member

Icon18 Re: Does anyone own a PPS-43 pistol?

I did not know that....heard it RE out of spec pPSH41 buils with welded on barrel extensions....all I heard rE the Polish builds was good ....I guess you never know until you test fire...be a shame not to be able to run all the available ammo-fromcheap Polska stab-crimped stuff to SB or Wollf Gold brass case.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 04:07 AM

Icon36 Re: Does anyone own a PPS-43 pistol?

I've sold 2 of them a month ago and liked what I saw so well that I bought one for myself.
These are the 2nd or revised versions and are totaly different in the trigger/hammer assemblied on the lower. A friend has an early one and we were comparing them last Sat. He has had problems with his, but everything I've heard about the modified ones is good. Won't get to shoot mine till next weekend.
I will then do the paperwork to make it a short bbl'd rifle and open up the stock.
Sarge
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:12 PM

If I ever SBR something, it would probably be one of those, or even better, a KP44 pistol.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 11:44 AM
Executive Member

Cool Re: Does anyone own a PPS-43 pistol?

Down to $400! These were $600 before!!! Now I have to add this to my list...

You can't spell MEAN without ME!
Old March 10th, 2011, 07:04 AM
TM111

I broke down and ordered a PPS-43, it should be here early next week.I'll post what I think about it after I run it through it's paces.thanks for all the input folks.
Old March 17th, 2011, 07:36 PM
TM111

Alright the pistol came in, and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Initial impressions were as follow..

Bigger than I thought but balanced very well with a full or empty mag.

EASY to take apart and clean and reassemble, overall fit and finish are very good.
Front site was allllll the way left on it, I drifted it over with a punch to center and will adjust it when firing this weekend.
I hand cycled several mags of ammo and all fed and extracted with no issues, I'll find out this weekend about how it does in a live fire.

The stocks all there just welded shut in the closed position with 2 spot welds, one on each side, so those who want to go the SBR route with one of these should have no problem switching it over.

It came with 4 mags, cleaning rod/front site tool, oil bottle and an extra buffer pad.No manual was in the box.

Overall I'm happy with it, and don't foresee any issues firing but one never knows until the hammer drops on a live round.

I like it alot better than my suomi, so I think teh suomis off to the big barter box soon.