No announcement yet.

What is going on with Gas Mask prices?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on with Gas Mask prices?

I noticed the prices are 10x what I paid years ago. Each time we have changed our military models I purchased the new units so I would have resupply. I noticed the ancient garbage whose filters might as well be paper selling on E-bay for WAY TOO MUCH MONEY.

I have purchase models that are not USA issue but they do use the same 40MM nato filters, even those Israeli models are selling 3-4x more that they could be had.

Thinking this might be due to "Unrest" in various nations? Survivalists stocking up? Restrictions on the existing stocks for resale?

It appears a gas mask would be a good investment just based off the resale prices. When a person can't breathe I bet they would pay handsomely for a gas mask.
    Call me John, just an old man with opinions.

Antifa buying them as a hedge against CN/CS?
    "SI *VIS *PACEM, *PARA *BELLUM"
    http://survivalblog.com
    MOLON LABE!
    AC0XV

Comment

Originally posted by Papadoc View Post
      Antifa buying them as a hedge against CN/CS?
      those idiots "make them" with water bottles & duct tape

Seriously, Google it

Comment

Originally posted by LYCAN View Post

those idiots "make them" with water bottles & duct tape

Seriously, Google it
        I think that is in some of the new "Survivalist Books". I picked one up at lowes for $16 after Christmas and it's in there. I wouldn't bet my life on a homemade unit when a battle tested model is available for under $300

I watched a movie when I was into Netflix called "10 clover field lane", it was suggested by Netflix based off of my viewing habits. Wasn't bad but the young girl makes her protective gear from a shower curtain and 2 liter bottles. It had a few twists and turns and actually was rather good. Silly in parts but still it was nice to see the concept of a shelter with a large selection of food choices. Turns out John Goodman can act, and the other unknown characters were believable. The ending was a WTHWT type of thing but it wasn't half bad.
        Call me John, just an old man with opinions.

Comment

Working...
        X