SOLD: Steyr-Mannlicher StG.58

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLD: Steyr-Mannlicher StG.58

I hate to part with this rifle, but age is catching up with me and I need something lighter. I swore I'd never go back to 5.56mm, but reality has taken hold and it's time to change rifles (again).

Up for trade is my meticulously self-built StG.58.

This was built from a matching parts kit from an unissued rifle. When I got the kit it had only storage and handling marks on it and was full of cosmoline. The receiver is the sought after Imbel (gear logo) made in Portugal. The locking shoulder was purchased from DSA and the tools to build it as well. It is finished in Brownell's Moly-Kote baking lacquer and has held up well over the years. There are some light wear marks where the bi-pod feet hit the forward hand guard. There is a nut missing on one of the bi-pod leg screws. The screw is threaded into the bi-pod leg mount, so this has never been an issue and I never bothered to replace it. I believe it is just for redundancy as the screw has never moved.

This has functioned flawlessly from the very first round that was fired in the pristine Mannlicher barrel that shines like a mirror. These are the most accurate barrels ever assembled on the FAL/StG.58 rifles as anyone familiar with these will tell you. This is a 1.5 MOA rifle out to 200 yards and starts opening after that or if the barrel gets super hot. I have not pushed it too far though.

Everything on this rifle except the required seven parts under 922 is original to the Steyr-Mannlicher model of this rifle as it was originally assembled.

This rifle weighs 12+ pounds with a loaded magazine. Slightly more for the steel mags. it is approximately 42" in length.

This rifle comes with the original sling, 9 magazines of which five are steel and four aluminum, all in excellent condition and all function.

If you have any questions, by all means ask.

Here is what I'm looking for:

SIG 551-A1, with at least four magazines (six would be better), with the folding Swiss-type stock and handguard and factory front and rear sights. No tactical crap; rails, vented aluminum guards, optics, etc. In very good or better condition, but used is fine. I don't expect a safe queen but I don't want something that looks like is was in Mogadishu for six months either.

SIG 556 - Same specs as above as long as the rails are removable from the hand guard. If they are riveted on, forget about it unless you have an original Swiss type plastic handguard.

PTR91K - This is the 16" barrel configuration with the collapsible HK factory stock. Not the aftermarket Chinese crap. Prefer the original length cocking tube, but will consider the shorter tube. If longer tube, I want the wide target handguard not the slimmer military style.
    At least six magazines for this rifle. Prefer aluminum if not too beat up.

I also have approximately 1600 rounds of mostly Port 7,62x51, some loose, and some still in battle packs to trade with one of the SIG rifles for 2000 rounds of .223 or 5.56mm. Shipping will likely be way high for the ammo so if you want to pass on that I can probably trade it locally.

We each take care of our own shipping and send each other their FFL's license copy or the digits required to verify the licensee through the BATF license check website.

Here are photos of mine. If you want something more detailed just ask.

For Sale price is $1500. If that's too much tell me what you think it's worth and I'll check to see if I can buy what I want for what you're offering.

Last edited by Herr Walther; September 11th, 2016, 19:26.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Re: FOR TRADE: Steyr-Mannlicher StG.58

Might I suggest offering this at ARF.com and the FAL Files....I do believe it would be snatched up quick, its a really nice rifle, the likes of which will not be seen again.
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

I don't know anyone at those sites. I'm only posting where both me and the trader will be familiar to one another.

Comment

That is one nice looking STG 58 I hope a member here steps up and gets it.I am going to start cleaning the herd soon. bought way too many over the past 24 months even after moving out 200 pieces.still some more to go. But don't worry Zombies will have enough for that battle. good luck with the sale on the FAL

Krink
        NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR VISION!

Comment

I don't really want to sell it. I'd much rather trade it for one of the SIG's or the PTR I mentioned.

I guess I could, and then turn around and buy what I want.

Comment

I've thought about trying to trade mine for a Colt M-4, actually offered mine to a local with 500 rounds of ammo for his 6920, guess he thought I was crazy to even think he'd trade.
            "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"

Comment

Re: FOR SALE: Steyr-Mannlicher StG.58

Rifle is now for sale. Price is in OP. Or make offer.

Comment

Originally posted by paintballmagnet View Post
                Might I suggest offering this at ARF.com and the FAL Files....I do believe it would be snatched up quick, its a really nice rifle, the likes of which will not be seen again.
                Well, I broke down and went to the FAL Files.

Sold it in two hours. Gone. Just like that. $1400

Comment

Re: SOLD: Steyr-Mannlicher StG.58

Mixed feelings here. Glad you got it sold and got the cash to get what you needed, sad to see such a rifle in the hands of a stranger! Had I had the extra cash, I'd like to have had it if for nothing else, just to look at! Mine, I just traded for a NIB LE 6920 was nowhere the rifle yours was.

Comment

Re: SOLD: Steyr-Mannlicher StG.58

It was a heck of a rifle. I'll miss it.

I didn't get what I wanted, but I got what I needed. I guess that's more important. It works.

Comment

Working...
                    X