• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Canada

Hello from Canada

Re: Hello from Canada

Welcome from Florida.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, AMVETS, Society of the 5th Infantry Division

Comment

Banned already?
      Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
      Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Comment

This would be why:

http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=171643

It has become a common tactic the past maybe 3-4 years, to use a seemingly innocent post to sneak in a link that try to either sell a product or service, or even try perhaps try to upload a virus into the linking computer.

The Admins have the ability to look behind the scenes as it were and check email addies, time zones, IP addresses, etc, and determine who is legit and who is not. That is why you see so very little in the way of spam here. It doesn't last long if it does get posted.

RR
        Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

I remember years ago when a spammer got loose on the forum. There were three or four of us working on that jerk until we contained him. He was spamming the boards faster than we could delete them.

We finally got him and his crap off of the board.
          Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

I remember that one, sure. We'd delete everything they tossed up, and by the time you got out of the Admin panel there were several more in other forums.

RR
            Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison21 View Post
              Hello from Canada
              So much for this yahoo.

See ya... wouldn't wanna be ya.
              Member of American Legion since 2014.
              Picked up New Trick 2 day 3.15.18 w/screen brightness. And yes I do have Ctrl Alt Delete.

Comment

Working...
              X