Uploading pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading pictures

Guys I'm excited about the new rifle and don't know how to upload the pictures. I still haven't figured out youtube it turns out my VHS and Beta recorders don't do digital and they have to be converted before they can be uploaded.

All I need to know is what can I do to get some images posted instead of picking links from the web.
    Call me John the all knowing cryptic of the obvious and obscure.

Re: Uploading pictures

You will need to upload your photos to a file server such as Imgur.

From there you can post links here that will show up as photos.

The attachment feature here hasn't worked in years and I don't know enough about vbb to fix it, if it's even fixable.

I have never uploaded attachments for showing photos. I always run my photos through Photoshop to resize to 1024x768 or 800x600, color correct, etc., and then upload to the file server to post on websites.

Please be sure to resize your photos to no larger than 1024x768 or you'll blow up the site.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Yea......if you are making videos on those old formats......... Good luck these days!!!

Easier to just snap a photo on the cell phone, then upload it to "Imagur"......then download it to here.......

Herr Walther........just wondering, can "Imagur" handle video's, or just photo's......and can they be posted here? I never tried that........
      And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Never tried it. Last video I made of my simulator I uploaded to the Tube.
        Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

I don't have a smart phone, it can take pictures but you have to connect a cable to transfer the pictures to a PC. I have a JVC and sony mavaca camera that uses a 3.5" floppy disk at least they are digital images. I think the Sony can do video clips in MOV file format. I could get more modern with technology but I hate the stuff.

I'll check into the image thing. I think youtube requires you to use your google account, something about tracking, categorizing and identifying people. I figured if I shared some of my ideas and experiences most people would get enlightened, or turned off who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlock View Post
            I don't have a smart phone, it can take pictures but you have to connect a cable to transfer the pictures to a PC. I have a JVC and sony mavaca camera that uses a 3.5" floppy disk at least they are digital images. I think the Sony can do video clips in MOV file format. I could get more modern with technology but I hate the stuff.

I'll check into the image thing. I think youtube requires you to use your google account, something about tracking, categorizing and identifying people. I figured if I shared some of my ideas and experiences most people would get enlightened, or turned off who knows.
            You remind me of me somewhat Harlock. I have a similar problem. Here's how it shakes out.
            This new laptop has a builtin camera right at top of screen centered. Per Led or someone here first thing I did was put a small piece of tape over lens. It's still there. To my right my old monitor has a screenshot of an old stock 75 Ford Bronco in snow in the fog in woods. I want to take a picture of the old Bronco screenshot for my Sign In spot when I login to my new pc and WITHOUT the camera getting a screenshot of my handsome mug. I have a Goggle acct so I'm covered there. My tech guy is AWOL and him trying to talk me thru it wood make us both basket cases.

As Led would put it me and Harlock are up against it...
            Member of American Legion since 2014.
            Picked up New Trick 2 day 3.15.18 w/screen brightness. And yes I do have Ctrl Alt Delete.

Comment

I got the camera all figured out and know it will need to crop or resize the pictures. I downloaded a free picture management program and looked at imgur. I hate to say this but it looks like imgur is used by immature kids because they have "Viral-images". I would hate to have someone take and rework the pictures I post.

Any thoughts on Tinypic? I liked it because I can upload both video and pictures. I was going to start getting rid of clutter because you can't take it with you and who knows what will happen with the economy.

Comment

Working...
              X