Pi Day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pi Day?

Suddenly, all the "pi" digraphs in words of posts are being converted to Greek letter pi (and not displayed). Why?

flashguy
    When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

I have tried a computer restart and it's still happening. It seems to only affect Assaultweb.
    When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Comment

Originally posted by flashguy View Post
      I have tried a computer restart and it's still happening. It seems to only affect Assaultweb.
      I am having the same issue with IE 11 but not with Google chrome. I'm running windows 8.1 Is this what you are seeing? When I move my cursor over the x box another box shows PI

Comment

So maybe browser dependent? I'm running Firefox and not seeing that at all.

RR
        Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Reasonable Rascal View Post
          So maybe browser dependent? I'm running Firefox and not seeing that at all.

RR
          Now Goggle Chrome is not showing PI ( lower case ) in any words.

Comment

Originally posted by sling View Post

Now Goggle Chrome is not showing PI ( lower case ) in any words.
            Is that limited to only this Board? People have now reported it happening in IE11 (me and RR) and in Firefox and Chrome. I've not seen it happening in any other Fora.

Comment

I thought I'd try changing the font used, to see if that made a difference. Apparently, we are not permitted to change the font--it does not appear as an item in the "Content" options box.

Comment

I just wrote a long post (I broke it into 4 parts) in the Pistols and Revolvers forum, and every instance of the word "pistol" came out as a "broken" box followed by "stol. I went back and tried to edit it, but the edit wouldn't take. I then had to edit all 4 parts to replace "pistol" with "handgun". What a pain!

I tried the edit in Google Chrome on Windows 10, on Thunderbird on Android, and on Mozilla Firefox on Ubuntu Linux, and as you can see above it's still doing it. Appears to only where lowercase "PI" is used..
                Freedom Of Speech does not include freedom from consequences.

When riding a horse, remember that you are not in control, but are just another voting member.

Comment

Working...
                X