Well that's a fine dowdy do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that's a fine dowdy do

FINALLY get all my 308 brass prepped and now there is no power or primers to be found on the net. What the Hxxx. Will have to pop into the local shops and see what is available. Sheesh!!!!
    Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
    Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Re: Well that's a fine dowdy do

Whats your preferred powder(s)? I have three I use, Varget, RL-15 and IMR-4064. 3031 and 4895 do really well also. The .308 Winchester just ain't too picky!
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Way back when I started loading 308 I used 4895 but now have mainly switched over to 4064. Just can't find it online to get any kind of guess how much they are going to soak me for I will have to pop into cabelas here locally and see if they have anything. I need quite a bit so will see what we will see.
      Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
      Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Comment

I know what you mean. I've been looking for 4064 and/or 4895 both for a year or so now, and not found any yet. I'm looking for it mostly for 7.5 Swiss and 6.5 Swede, so I haven't been watching for Varget, but I haven't seen any of it either, that I recall.
        Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Pak Plaza Pawn and gun in HS had three pounds of 4064 last week. Problem is who wants to pay 30 bucks per pound?
          "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
          The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Working...
          X