Anyone use Blue Dot for .357 magnum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Blue Dot for .357 magnum?

I've got some BD that I need to find a use for, thought I might use it with some jacketed 158's but load data is almost non-existent. Might be telling me something!
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Re: Anyone use Blue Dot for .357 magnum?

I *think* I've loaded some BD in .357 before, but I'll have to check my reloading records since it has been a while -- probably 15 years or more. I seem to recall using it with a 158gr hard cast load... To be honest, I haven't reloaded in years. I have several hundred/thousand of my common shooting calibers ready to go. Of course, with the price of components what they are these days, I practice with .22LR and save my centerfire for actual hunting. I think I'm set for at least the next 10 years - or unless the Zombie Apocalypse is bigger than I thought! LOL!!
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you!

Comment

I wouldn't, personally.

I used some Red Dot, which is a bit faster, once. It produced a huge fireball, and some poor performance.

Unless you are shooting an 8" barrel, it won't impress you, and even if you are, it won't impress you much.

Save it for Shotgun loads, or something else that you are shooting out of a 20" or better barrel. Unique is the only "combo" powder that I load in pistols, after much experimentation.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Ive got at least 500 factory loaded Silvertips if I ever need to go revolver during a Zombie attack. I just want to load a few hundred "this n that" loads, decent performance without spending a fortune. At $40 per fifty, ST's are a bit spendy for general use.
        "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
        The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

you can try here.
          http://www.handloads.org/loaddata/de...Powder&Source=

Comment

Working...
          X