1 of 4 < >

Check 'Display Signatures' in user area.

If you want to see signatures at the bottom of member's posts, check your user area and make sure this box is checked. The default mode is 'Off'.
2 of 4 < >

Strike Through Text Option now on-line

You may now use the Strike Through option in the post text editor.

There is a square blank button located at the end of the options on the right. I could not get the 'S' to show up, but the button still works.
3 of 4 < >

Reload your Avatars

If you wish to have your avatar visible again you will have to reload it to the board. The old avatars did not transfer to the new file system.

Stay tuned for more.
4 of 4 < >

Contributor Status Titles

Gentlemen, Assault Web greatly appreciated your monetary contributions to keep this forum alive and running as we make the transition to a new server and upgraded software.

I have been working to upgrade title for those members who have made a monetary contribution to the form. Unfortunately, I have been met by some resistance to comply by the forum software and I am unable to make these administrative changes.

Your donations have been duly noted and at such time the forum software is upgraded, so will your status.

The Back Room
See more
See less

Stevens Ranger 101.16

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevens Ranger 101.16

Hello AW!
    I came across a 22lr ammo add on the local page here. When I contacted the guy, he tells me that he just reposted and wanted to sell the ammo only as a package along with a rifle. The guy sends me the new add and it's a Stevens Ranger 101.16 along with 1325 rounds of 22lr for $250. I tell him I only have $200 to spare and he said that would work. He even drove to my work and dropped it off! This rifle has a couple spots where someone scratched their initials very lightly, but other than that, it's in perfect condition. Took it out to shoot this weekend and it was just awesome! Super accurate and functioned very nicely. This is a bolt action/auto feeder. It can be used as a bolt gun with 22 short and 22 long and will operate as an auto with 22lr. The charging handle is a knob that can be pushed in and pulled out to lock the bolt in so you can use it as single shot with 22lr too. Also, the bolt stays open until the trigger is released, which is interesting, and it has slots cut into the left side of the receiver opposite of the ejection port. I guess as a gas release? Tube fed and they were produced by Stevens for the US Military as M1 trainers although they did not sell them to the US and they just ended up being sold on the civilian market. The model I have is not the super cool and rare M1 trainer but the Sears version that came with a Mannlicher stock. The only info I've been able to find on these things was on a forum that had been going since 2007 and it's about the trainer version more than the Sears model. It's called the Springfield 87M but it is not made by Springfield Arms but by Stevens. The thread is over at parallax C&R forums. There are 93 noted in the forum including mine. 22 of which are the 101.16 model I have. Does anyone out there have the 101.16 like mine or the 87M? If so, please check in over at Parallax and submit your butt plate number.

It's all fun and eyes until someone looses a game!

You can't spell MEAN without ME!