favorite 10/22 dress up kit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favorite 10/22 dress up kit?

I just dot a cheap 10/22 and I'm thinking about putting it in some sort of dress up kit.

I've seen the MG42 kits and the crank operated dual gun on a tripod setup.

I also saw a pic of one that was set up to resemble an AK. I'm thinking about doing something like that. what are some other 10/22 dress up ideas that ya'll have seen?

Re: favorite 10/22 dress up kit?

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=112771

58 pages of pictures.

Comment

I got sucked into one of those "Muzzlite" kit's once.....

PERSONALLY......the furthest I would go with a 10/22 now is just a good quality folding stock. All those dress up kit's make a good rifle pretty much unuseable......

JMHO though....others MMV........
      And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

I have the Ramline side folder and quick takedown kit, and top ventilated barrel cover that goes with the stock but was sold seperately.
        I also have a cheep red dot on it (I call them walmart red dots because thats where you get them for $29)
        Its my primary go-to .22.

I also have on of the original Calico dual 22 set-ups.

BISHOP
        The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

I had a Muzzlelite stock years ago. I fabricated a metal trigger "extender rod" to replace the plastic one and it worked pretty well after that. Plastic one flexed too much.

Comment

Bishop.....

What exactly is this "quick take down" kit ye speak of.......
            And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

It's a cam locking system that replaces the allen bolts that hold the barrel to the reciever. the barrel comes off in a few seconds. I saw them advertised as the "Packer" awhile back and considered getting one.

Comment

No its not that...
                Ramline sold them as a way to dissessemble your gun without any tools.
                A knurled plastic knob that replaces your barrel band bolt. A long screw with a knurled plastic knob to replace to stock screw that holds the gun in place, and a knurled plastic knob that and plastic shim that replaces your barrel wedge, so everything comes apart with 3 hand removable screws.

BISHOP
                The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

I heard that Campy once dressed up in a pink Tutu and went shooten with his 10-22......does that count?
                  I got sucked into one of those "Muzzlite" kit's once.....as said above....I did that also it was a bad deal.
                  Just get a side folding stock and one of those bipods.......and a red dot or 4X scope and one of those new 10-22 drums......maybe a muzzle break.
                  PS don't forget the carbon fiber barrel.
                  Peter 5:8
                  "Be sober, be vigilant; Because your adversary the Devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking who he may devour."

Comment

i swear...i was drunk!

Comment

I've got a stainles side folder, I am thinking about either the MG43 kit (if I can find one cheap) or possibly getting another one and doing the dual/gatling gun set up.

Comment

How sturdy is the lock-up on the side folder? (Butler Creek?) I had a side folder once, but after dropping it onto concrete from about 7 or 8 feet, it never locked firmly. No way to be accurate with a rifle if the stock has wobble in it, especially if it's a factory trigger (heavy).
                        Peace--Through Superior Firepower

"75 to 90 percent of American trial lawyers are incompetent, dishonest, or both." --The Late Warren Berger, Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court

Comment

I just put mine in a camo barracuda stock with a cabon fiber barrel. Put on a scope and done.

Saw a cool MP5 looking stock. but $249 is steep for a 'kit'.
                          Anyone can find problems, Leaders find solutions!

Comment

Comment

How sturdy is the lock-up on the side folder? (Butler Creek?)

Mine is plenty solid. No complaints.

Comment

Working...
                              X