Plastic or metal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic or metal

I was searching for that mystery pistol and wasn't having any luck until I looked for airsoft pistols. There were too many that matched the frame and I didn't want to guess what weapon the punk had cobbled together. An airsoft will get you shot dead because nobody wants to find out if it was a toy or not when something is pointed at them.

Well anyway there were HUNDREDS of images for Glock Grenades. I'll stick with metal!!!

Just look in google images "glock explosion". I'm sure you will find the reason, I'm sticking with steel. (There are some steel weapons that can grenade on you also - best to know the ammo manufacturer)
    Last edited by Harlock; February 17th, 2018, 11:22. Reason: image problems
    Call me John the all knowing cryptic of the obvious and obscure.

Re: Plastic or metal

I tried to figure this post out, but gave up.
    How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).

Comment

Me too. I had to double check the name though.
      Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Sorry about that. I was trying to figure out what that plastic EBT pistol the 16yo punk had on him. When looking at plastic pistols no match, I checked airsoft and there were a few that matched the lower but not the upper slide or hammer.

That's when I happened across probably 100+ pictures of exploded glocks. HK's there were only 4. Other plastic pistols just a few that blew up in owners hands. 20+ springfield XD's, 9 or 10 of the EAA series. Some brands I couldn't identify.

In a nutshell if it's plastic it can blow up. Same can be said of metal but they were "Off Brands", yes there were a few colts and smith n Nothings.

For the most part metal tends to hold up better and plastics well they are like disposable razors.

You can search using KaBoom with any plastic brand and count the unique numbers to get a feel for how many plastic pistols blow up, you will also find some metal ones, even the M-9 has failures but those mostly are the barrels.
        Last edited by Harlock; February 18th, 2018, 17:00. Reason: added some google image searches
        Call me John the all knowing cryptic of the obvious and obscure.

Comment

Let's start at the beginning, shall we?

What 16 year old?
          Freedom Of Speech does not include freedom from consequences.

When riding a horse, remember that you are not in control, but are just another voting member.

Comment

Are you referring to that post, about a week ago - teen was arrested for gun possession, but it looked to be totally hobbled together by random, unrelated parts?

iirc the thread was titled "What do you think would happen if he pulled the trigger" or something to that effect

EDIT to add: I believe you are referencing back to this thread/topic?

http://www.assaultweb.net/Forums/sho...d.php?t=171763

Comment

Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Comment

Kewl! A new Glock!

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

WAS THAT MADE ON A 3D PRINTER, WHEN i was 15 and in high school. i packed a beretta 22cal Minx, not some piece of crap this punk carried.And nobody knew on the school staff i packed. and nobody ever got shot. It was for my self preservation. From all the other thugs carrying bike chains, Knifes, Slaps and straight razors. yeah that freaking Tilden was a tough school on Halsted.

a lot has changed in over 50 years.Krink
                    NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR VISION!

Comment

Working...
                    X