No announcement yet.

Someone 'splain this one to me, please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone 'splain this one to me, please.

Why, in the name of JMB, does Smith&Wesson keep making their revolvers in both "round Butt" and square Butt" designs?

The only benefit I can see to it is to the aftermarket butt manufacturers.

I've got three of them, and the difference in fit from one to another style is nonexistent, so why do they keep doing it?

I don't get it.
    Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Why does Levi's make jeans in both straight leg and boot cut?

It's whatever floats your boat.
    Freedom Of Speech does not include freedom from consequences.

When riding a horse, remember that you are not in control, but are just another voting member.

Comment

I love the round butt and don't care much for the square. I am sure there are folks who are the opposite.

Comment

I like the square.
        Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

I'm with Herr Walther on this. I prefer the square butt too, although the round butt frame is more easily concealed.
          Freedom Of Speech does not include freedom from consequences.

When riding a horse, remember that you are not in control, but are just another voting member.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Walther View Post
            I like the square.
            Who wooda ever thunk it I'm with HW. Him and me are polar opposites. Could be S&W does the butt the way they do is due to S&W was bought out by anti gun zealots. Just MHRO.

Member of American Legion since 2014.
            Picked up New Trick 2 day 3.15.18 w/screen brightness. And yes I do have Ctrl Alt Delete.

Comment

Working...
            X